Job Description :
REGIONAL CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
- ALBERTA / MANITOBA (FIXED TERM CONTRACT ROLE)
The Alberta / Manitoba Regional Customer Development Manager (RCDM) will be responsible for our business with the LCBs, Chains & Independent Customers within the region. The RCDM will be accountable to the regions for all retail (and some on premise) activities on the Diageo Total Beverage Alcohol portfolio. The RCDM will require a deep understanding of the provincial merchandising rules, regulations and timelines.
Purpose of Role:
The RCDM will be responsible for developing regional retail trade marketing plans which deliver upon both Brand strategies as well as customers goals to support the achievement of regional objectives. This includes strategically planning with the Regional Key Account Managers and brand teams 6-9 months in advance and applying for all agreed upon programs on time. They assist in getting regional point of sale materials prepared / printed and into the hands of the Breakthru Sales force. They will also manage their regional retail budget and ensure they do not overspend versus plan.
They will build and manage relationships across internal and external key stakeholders, working closely with the brand teams, Commercial Planning and Activation team and Regional Key Account Managers.
The RCDM will ensure the Trade Development Managers at the Sales broker is informed of all upcoming regional and brand programming commitments.
In addition, the Alberta / Manitoba RCDM will be responsible to establish KPIs & provide support to the Western Canada Regional Customer Development Associate.
- Translate consumer brand strategies at the regional level into retail (and on premise) programming ideas
- Develop and maintain a retail activity calendar which is on strategy
- Manage the Regional Retail budgets
- Optimize the efficiency of activities and spend
- Conduct program measurement and evaluation of activities and recommend changes if necessary
- Regionalization of sales tools
- Manage sampling budget and execution
- Manage Regional Show budgets and execution
Qualifications and Experience Required :
- 3-5 years of Trade Marketing experience required, preferably within a fast-moving CPG environment
- Excellent computer skills, strong MS Office knowledge including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- University degree
- Good knowledge of internal business partners
- Industry experience
Worker Type : Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Primary Location: Edmonton
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date : 2020-12-21-08:00