This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months. About Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University is Atlantic Canada's leading research-intensive university and a driver of the region's intellectual, social and economic development. Located in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with an Agricultural Campus in Truro/Bible Hill, Dalhousie is a truly national and international university, with more than half of our 19,000 students coming from outside of the province. Our 6,000 faculty and staff foster a vibrant, purpose-driven community, that celebrated 200 years of academic excellence in 2018. Job Summary
Reporting to the Associate Director, Recruitment Marketing & Advertising, the Marketing Manager works to identify key components of Dalhousie's communications and marketing efforts and helps to shape and implement the university's narrative, with a strong emphasis on digital channels. The Marketing Manager supports Communications, Marketing & Creative Services' (CMC) strategic plan as well as the university's strategic focus and business priorities, with a particular focus on student recruitment and retention. Key Responsibilities
- Work to improve awareness, attitudes and quality perceptions of Dalhousie through the creation of marketing campaigns and compelling marketing content across multiple platforms.
- Identify value-added communications opportunities and implement corresponding tactical activities to support and enhance the university's reputation within and among various target audiences.
- Play an integral role in developing marketing strategies and campaigns in meeting the needs of campus partners, advising internal stakeholders and serving as a project manager/account executive on various projects and publications.
- Collaborate with communicators and other stakeholders across the university to source and develop content that represents the diversity of Dalhousie's student population and academic offerings, as well as the richness of the university's student experience.
- Provide idea generation, strategic counsel in matters of digital marketing, advertising, strategic marketing communications and public relations and written content support for projects initiated by Communications, Marketing and Creative Services colleagues.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the university's annual corporate strategic marketing plans. Note
Temporary transfers (secondments) will be considered. Qualifications
Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field with approximately five years' related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Knowledge of post-secondary branding and communications priorities, policies and procedures, as well as trends in communications and marketing, is essential. Experience with digital marketing, training in supportive technology is required. Must maintain knowledge of best practices in web user experience and writing for the web. The Manager will also possess analytical and data driven insight capability to help facilitate fact-based decision making and performance measurements. Job Competencies
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate proficiency in Dalhousie's core and leadership competencies (https://www.dal.ca/dept/leaders.html), in particular:
- Respect & Inclusion
- Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Relationship Building
- Accountability for Performance & Results Additional Information
Dalhousie University supports a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance program and a tuition assistance program. Application Consideration
Applications from university employees and external candidates are given concurrent consideration. Among short-listed candidates, university employees will be given special consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Diversity Statement
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.