Help American Express Become Canada's Most Welcomed Card:
American Express in Canada operates as the Amex Bank of Canada and Amex Canada Inc. Both are wholly owned subsidiaries of the New York based American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., the largest operating unit of the American Express Company worldwide.
We're looking for a business development professional to join the Merchant Acquisition team and to be responsible for selling American Express acceptance to Small and Medium sized prospects in select geographies.
Reporting to the Merchant Acquisition Manager, the Business Development Executive will play an integral role in the organization's overall focus on driving acceptance in key industries and geographies.
The Business Development Executive is required to gain in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the prospect's business and industry, and implement effective sales strategies and solutions to ensure that our network of accepting Merchants continues to expand where it matters most to our Cardmembers. This team will be required to build and maintain a robust pipeline of quality leads.
If you are an experienced and driven sales professional who loves interacting with customers with the momentum of an iconic brand to make a meaningful impact, this could be the opportunity for you. American Express is a global company with exceptional opportunities to prove your worth and to grow.
If this sounds like you, then the Business Development Executive, District Sales role at American Express is the opportunity you have been looking for.
Founded in 1850, American Express Company is a diversified worldwide travel and financial services company. It is a global leader in charge and credit cards, travellers cheques, travel, financial planning, investment products, insurance, accounting and international banking.
American Express began in Canada in 1853, with the opening of offices in Toronto and Hamilton. Today, American Express in Canada operates as Amex Canada Inc. and Amex Bank of Canada. With headquarters in Markham, Ontario, Amex Canada Inc. and Amex Bank of Canada employ about 3,000 Canadians in 13 cities coast-to-coast. Each year, these businesses serve millions of fellow Canadians and visitors to Canada.
Amex Bank of Canada is an issuer of American Express Cards in Canada and is a .wholly owned subsidiaries of the New York based American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.
Specific responsibilities include:
Close prospect leads.
- Execute contracts.
- Use data and insights to develop informed sales pitches.
- Execute full suite of account set-up requirements.
- Collaboration with internal partners to develop/enhance value offering.
The Business Development Executive will use their effective prospecting, door-to-door, cold calling skills and Internet research to identify leads, maintain and update target lists and establish a prioritized action plan for each.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The ideal candidate will be a proven self-starter, an entrepreneurial thinker, and be capable of selling effectively in a variety of sales environments.
Additional qualifications include:
- Proven direct/consultative selling skills and a minimum of 2-3 years customer-facing outside sales experience in the financial industry.
- Excellent presentation/negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in effective prospecting and building and managing a robust pipeline of quality targets.
- Some overnight travel might be required, and candidate must be independent and able to work from a compliant Home Office environment. Working knowledge of related Amex products and services is considered an asset.
- Able to perform against aggressive quotas while ensuring Merchant Satisfaction.
- Specific city knowledge and experience a plus.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak French proficiently
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2020, 10:39:41 AMAmerican Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.