At Samsung Electronics Canada, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people
- they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. We want the best of the best at Samsung to join our team, not just those who fit into our Culture but those who will ADD to our Culture and make Samsung an even better place to work.
Did we catch your attention yet?
If you want to work for one of the most recognized brands in the world and one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada...and have a ton of fun.... then please keep reading!
- Competitive Salary and Performance based incentive plan for all levels
- Employer paid Medical and Dental coverage from day one
- Fantastic employee discount on all Samsung products
- Subsidized Cafeteria; including free Starbucks coffee/latte machine
- Access to Samsung U for 24/7 online learning
The role of the Communications Manager is to drive a comprehensive national media and reputation-building strategy that will enhance Samsung's position as a leading and trusted brand in Canada. The Manager will be responsible for an exciting portfolio of communications initiatives to increase the profile and positive sentiment towards our brand, which includes press and consumer engagement, product and business announcements, online reviews and community management, media monitoring, coverage tracking and measurement.
Role and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develop and implement strategic communications strategies in collaboration with marketing teams across Mobile, Consumer Electronics and Enterprise businesses.
- Develop data-driven PR plans, anchored in industry and consumer trends, to drive positive word-of-mouth and media coverage for all lines of business and brand.
- Support the Communications Director in providing issues management, key messaging and crisis communications for the organization.
- Lead the company's Online Reviews program, working closely with brand and product specialists across the organization, to analyze, moderate, report, dashboard and influence positive customer engagement and reviews
- Work closely with marketing teams and global PR teams across divisions to identify key media and influencer targets, and measureable strategies for a robust product seeding and technology review program
- Manage and work closely with PR and Online Reviews agency to ensure campaigns are executed on time, on budget and in adherence to brand guidelines
- Lead the development of an overall strategy and internal Samsung playbook for all review platforms (Samsung.com, Social and Retailer sites)
- Oversee the effectiveness of marketing tools to analyze and report on all campaign KPIs related to PR and Online Reviews. This includes tools leveraged by agency partners or tools adopted by Samsung internally in collaboration with US and/or global insights teams
- Works with the Social Media and Influencer Engagement manager to monitor and manage the health of Samsung social media channels, as well as Service and Digital Marketing to address any concerns and/or flag any potential issues
- Works closely with Social Media manager to brainstorm and build quarterly creative content strategy for owned and earned channels.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field preferred
- Strong writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- A natural communicator and collaborator, and self-motivated to take action and continue seeking results
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge in marketing program, agency and budget management
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience working directly with journalists, editors, influencers and members of the media
- Experience writing PR materials (e.g. press releases, pitch decks, story development
- Experience leading consumer and media review programs
- Experience managing complex and fast-moving issues
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Samsung has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for job applicants with disabilities as appropriate. Assessment and selection materials and procedures can be made available in accessible formats and methods as appropriate. If you require a specific accommodation because of disability or medical need, please let us know when selected to take part in our recruitment process so that reasonable arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place as you move through our process.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Skills and Qualifications