Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the Team
You'll join the Xero Americas Communications team and be part of a supportive and fun work environment that encourages you to take ownership for your career and be the best you can be. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in making a real difference to small businesses in Canada. To peek inside Xero and see what we do check out #dobeautifulwork on Twitter or Instagram.
About the Role
You will take ownership for developing and executing an integrated program of diverse and creative communications campaigns aligned to our business strategy to maximize media exposure and brand awareness in Canada, and drive employee engagement. You will be highly energetic, passionate and focused on developing and delivering on organizational strategies and objectives.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a program of diverse, creative campaigns to maximize media exposure and align them with company strategic goals.
- Establish yourself as a trusted communications advisor to Xero's Canada country manager, providing communications counsel and positioning her in the Canada market as an expert and thought leader.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target business media and influencers.
- Mine for stories. Work across the organization to identify creative and distinctive positioning opportunities to help boost Xero's profile in the media and online.
- Identify and create individual customer and partner stories and storytelling opportunities to bring the Xero story to life.
- Partner with marketing to ensure the Xero voice is heard across multiple channels in Canada.
- Help to build and support our strategic social framework and activities and collaborate with Xero's internal social leads.
- Use online news and social web tracking service to analyze Xero's market mentions, terminology and emerging topics.
- Partner with the Canada People Experience team and leadership to help shape the Xero Canada culture and engage employees.
- Contribute toward the broader Xero Communications strategy and team efforts, which incorporate PR, analyst relations, government relations, university relations, community and content.
- At least 12 years of experience in communications and public relations, preferably with some experience at a global or multinational organization.
- B2B enterprise/SaaS software experience, and an understanding of the SMB market highly desirable.
- A portfolio of successful communications campaign results in support of product launches, workplace initiatives, building brand equity, and establishing executive thought leadership.
- Passion for evangelizing the growing need for social marketing, customer experience, and customer communities.
- Proven experience in creating and delivering ?content everywhere'.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving environment, is willing to hustle and can work collaboratively and effectively with geographically dispersed teams.
- Have a sense of humour and the ability to think big. We're a challenger brand in Canada and need someone who can execute on creative ideas, taking into consideration the variety of audiences and stakeholders we need to communicate with.
At Xero, we are empowered to bring our ?whole self' to work. Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we're immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate. We care about learning together and celebrate our teams' continuous improvement and career development.
We offer a great remuneration package, including compelling benefits and perks, like Xero shares. We also support flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. Our Canadian Xero family includes Hubdoc, an automated data capture platform and we have offices in Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.