About the Organization
Lift Community Services focuses on helping all people thrive in the qathet region by reducing social inequities and by providing support and advocacy for anyone who needs it. Our vision is a welcoming, inclusive, and diversity-affirming community that is free of poverty and full of heart. At Lift, we believe a thriving, sustainable community comes from a collaborative, equitable, future-focused approach. Our programs and services include employment services, supportive housing and homeless outreach, temporary shelter services, literacy programs and outreach, immigrant services, adult and family on-demand support. We also provide community leadership and development in overdose response planning, poverty reduction planning, and other projects that develop a more connected and resilient community. Lift operates many resource centres in our community, including the local WorkBC Centre, the Community Resource Centre, the Family Place, and the Dr. Elsie Paul Literacy Centre and the Nook Social Enterprise Cafe both located at the Powell River Public Library.
We are seeking a part-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to joing our Lift Central team. The Lift Central team provides centralized support to the entire organization in the form of Finance, Payroll, IT, HR, general administration and marketing & communications.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration manager, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator communicates Lift's Mission, Vision, Values, and services to staff, clients, community members and stakeholders to establish a good understanding of the organization and to make the programs and services known and accessible to the community. The Marketing & Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Leadership Team, staff of Lift programs, and community partners and establish strong working relationships and connections wherever possible and must be dedicated to working through a lens of anti-oppression, anti-racism, and trauma informed practice.
?Non-profit Marketing & Communications comprises the activities, touchpoints and messages that motivate stakeholders to take actions which advance a non-profit's mission and create sustainable social change.?
- Hours: 17.5h per week (0.5 FTE)
- Pay: $24.48/hr
- Reports to:
- Start Date: Februray
- Closing Date: Sunday January 3, 2021
- Questions? Contact Stuart Clark, Executive Director, at via Isarta
- How to apply: Please apply online on this page
Lift Community Services serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff that reflects that diversity. Applicants who self-identify as being part of the groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Communications Coordination:
- Assist in communication of strategies or messages from Senior Leadership Team
- Provide timely program and community information to stakeholders
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Lift website
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of a communications strategy
- Developing and maintaining Lift-created community information resources (posters, plain-language information, community guides, etc)
- Assisting with the coordination of organizational-wide meetings and events
- Marketing Coordination
- Maintain a consistent and ?on-brand? social media presence
- Execute design tasks including business cards, letterheads, posters, print ads and signage
- Collaborate with lead staff to coordinate the promotion of all Lift programs and services organization-wide and to the community
- Participate in and coordinate organizational-wide promotional activities and plans to increase brand awareness in the community and beyond
- Community Engagement Support
- Supporting the organization in monitoring and maintaining connection with key community partners and other important stakeholders
- Coordinate and organize events and community outreach aimed to increase program awareness and accessibility
- Strategy and organizational initiatives support
- Develop and monitor organization wide marketing objectives and key results based on Lift's strategic plan
- Identify and report on marketing and communication challenges and opportunities within the organization
- Actively involved in crisis communications as needed
- Internal committee work as needed
- Social Media & Digital Marketing Diploma or equivalent experience, and/or;
- Degree in Communications or equivalent skills and experience in a community focused non-profit
- Well-versed in graphic design and typography with intermediate working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Suite Software (Photoshop, InDesign, etc)
- Skilled in technical and professional writing and competent in writing in plain language
- Skilled in public speaking, engaging presentations, and group facilitation
- Strong ability to maintain a consistent social media presence in line with brand and vision
- Experience in maintaining a strong brand image based off organizational brand guidelines
- Experience in SEO work to maximize traffic to our online platforms
- Competent in creating and updating website content on a variety of website platforms
- Ability to learn and operate on a variety of tech platforms (Microsoft, MS Teams, Asana, Outlook etc)
- Independently manage workload
The Marketing & Communications coordinator will work both in the Lift Central office and remotely from home as needed. Travelling to different locations within qathet Regional District for in-person meetings will sometimes be required of this position.