What is the opportunity?
As a senior community leader, you are responsible for overall performance of 2 to 4 RBC branches of varying sizes and complexity within the community. Your priority is to lead your branches and work very closely with RBC partners to deliver exceptional client experience, acquire clients, grow market share, grow our brand, and acquire sustainable growth. You accomplish this through execution of an integrated community plan involving all branches and RBC partners. You are also a key influencer in the community, building RBC presence, expanding network, and sourcing key business opportunities. Your passion in creating success for our clients, employees, and communities is the cornerstone of your success in this opportunity.
What will you do?
- Lead direct reports and collaborate with dedicated RBC partners to capture market opportunities and deliver strong business performance
- Manage one branch directly and other branches in the community indirectly, and build leadership capabilities of direct reports
- Strategize and execute a community plan leveraging all roles and channels in community
- Drive growth and retention activities within the community, inside and outside the branch, to acquire clients and increase market share
- Deliver an exceptional client experience where advice and digital capability is the compelling value proposition
- Be a connector and leader within RBC and the community
- Attract and accelerate development of talent in collaboration with RBC partners
- Understand and manage strategic, reputational, operational, credit and regulatory compliance risk
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 3 years Sales Leadership experience and minimum 5 years Financial Services experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize for impact, deliver outstanding results through collaboration and strong partnerships
- Experience in capitalizing on emerging trends and proactively defending against competition
- Ability to lead a diverse workforce including sourcing, developing and promoting talent; as well as managing remotely
- Completion of an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam offered by the CSI, or ability to write an exam within 4 months of start date
- Experience in two or more lines of business (i.e. Branch, Financial Planning, Small Business, Regional Role, etc.)
- Leadership experience in community involvement (i.e. directorship, committees)
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- This role offers the unique opportunity to continue to build your leadership capability and lead a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, high-performing and diverse team to make a difference in a community and be a leader in the local financial services sector.
- Full-time RBC employee status with unlimited earning potential and full benefits
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority.
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we're doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
City: Prince George
Address: to be determined
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: People Manager
Pay Type: Salary
- Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 01/06/2021
Req ID: 303437
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking