Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Manager, Product Marketing, you will be responsible for executing transformational product marketing at SMART. You will work as a member of the product marketing team tasked with the lifecycle marketing and messaging of SMART's portfolio to drive growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and execute global product marketing & communication plans for new hardware & software product launches, ongoing marketing activities and product discontinuations, ensuring timely and effective communications to all internal and external stakeholders
- Translate product positioning into customer-focused messaging in order to support SMART's UCE. Creating marketing messages that speak to the heart of customer needs and priorities and the value SMART provides
- Partner with product management to execute against GTM roadmap in conjunction with product commercialization and lifecycle
- Create marketing material that effectively supports the commercial goals of the product portfolio
- Work with various subject matter experts to ensure development of high impact messaging, PR, marketing material and sales tools including product briefs, presentations, and website presence to include key value propositions
- Prioritize, consolidate and support ongoing launch and lifecycle activities across hardware & XaaS product portfolios
- Report against key project metrics to determine effectiveness of initiatives
- Energizing stakeholders and customers by serving as resident product experts
- Performing other duties as required to support strategic goals of SMART
Education and work experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, including at least two years of product marketing experience
- Highly motivated, energetic, and eager to quickly learn SMART solutions and adapt to new technologies
- Exceptional presentation and writing skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Creative, critical thinking and willingness to approach problems in unconventional ways
- Experience working in fast-paced environment to agilely adjust to and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Business acumen and customer orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively with other teams to ensure proper alignment.
- University Degree in marketing or a related field
- Experience in launching tech products and communicating benefits an asset
- Education or B2B marketing experience preferred but not required.
- This position has no direct reports
- Office-based role, fast-paced work environment
- This position may require 25% domestic or international travel
Please note that SMART will be closed during the holiday season, returning January 2021. We will carefully consider your application upon our return for the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
We apologize for the delay and wish you a happy holiday!
At SMART Technologies, privacy is not an afterthought to us. Privacy is at the core of our software design. The result is that privacy is an essential component at the core of our business. To read more about our specific policies, please follow the links below. For more information please review: https://home.smarttech.com/legal/privacy-policy