Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America's fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences
- across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold's suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
About the role
Bold is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to drive our point-of-view forward through the creation and management of impactful content. Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, you will bring a mix of creative and strategic thinking with a focus on execution to design a compelling content program. Ultimately, you will lead and mentor a team of content writers to produce a high volume of strategic content in a variety of formats that drives the organic and lead acquisition growth goals of Bold.
What you will do
- Define and execute a content marketing strategy to engage key business and developer personas with highly relevant content for each stage in the customer journey
- Establish a content roadmap and editorial calendar with key content pillars and clearly defined metrics that measure the impact, quality, and relevance of content
- Lead and mentor a team of content writers in producing content that amplifies our positioning, ensuring technical accuracy and alignment to brand voice
- Work closely with the Product Marketing, Sales, Partner and Creative Teams to develop and translate content strategy into compelling campaigns and deliverables for demand generation and sales enablement
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to create content that elevates current and future B2B marketing assets including white papers, eBooks, infographics, briefs, videos, social media, blogs, website content/design, newsletters, journalistic/magazine articles, and more
- Participate in the writing, organizing, and editing of clear, concise, and compelling copy
- Make our content the foundation of our SEO strategy and effectively build links to boost our organic presence
- Develop a process to refresh, segment, and repurpose existing marketing content
- Hypothesize, test, optimize, and scale our marketing content
- Work collaboratively with PR agency to bolster Bold's content strategy
What we need from you
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold's mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 7-10 years of experience in a content marketing role with full ownership of the content strategy with strong leadership skills and experience in developing and mentoring a team of content writers
- 5+ years of experience building an in-depth knowledge of content development, content strategy, and social media for B2B software and/or ecommerce industries
- Strong writing and research skills with the ability to ideate and develop engaging content and a track record of driving measurable results in demand generation and pipeline creation
- Natural storyteller with experience in communicating complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences throughout a customer's buying journey
- Organized and self-motivated with the proven ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what most impacts the business
- Ability to work at a fast pace with initiative while motivating others to working to tight deadlines in an environment with constant change and growth
- Desire to learn the technical side of our products, what motivates our target customer, and continued learning of B2B marketing best practices
- Familiarity with SEO best practices, content categorization, distribution, promotion, and measurement
- Understanding of technical writing within the the ecommerce industry is preferred
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let's start the conversation
If you're a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you're proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!