Are you looking to advance your career in a supportive and friendly organization that engages the community to enhance public education for Calgary's students? EducationMatters, Calgary's public education trust, has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our dedicated team in the role of Donor Relations and Communications Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Donor and Community Engagement, the Donor Relations and Communications Officer plays an important role in contributing to the overall stewardship and communications goals of EducationMatters.
As Donor Relations and Communications Officer you will take a lead role in: developing the design/copy for all print and electronic materials; the creation of stories (written and video) to celebrate our donors and impact; and management and evolution of the EducationMatters website, online donation pages, and social media platforms. You will also take a lead role in planning and executing any stewardship or 3rd party fundraising events or initiatives and will be instrumental in helping to keep the community engaged with our work.
- Post-Secondary education in business, communications or other appropriate field, or equivalent skills and transferable work experience;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with website design and maintenance;
- Strong video production and editing skills;
- Strong graphic design skills and experience with InDesign/Illustrator/Canva etc;
- Proven ability to balance priorities and interact with stakeholders of all types;
- Strong administrative, planning and reporting skills, combining breadth of thought and vision with careful attention to detail;
- Experience and proficiency with social media, desktop and web publishing software and applications (e.g.: Constant Contact, Adobe Premier Pro and Illustrator, Wordpress);
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Skill in the use of fundraising management software or other database an asset (e.g.: Raisers Edge, Gifts for Windows and Foundation Information Management Systems
Terms of Employment:
We offer a full benefits package and professional development with many opportunities for innovation and professional growth. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; resumes will be reviewed as they are received. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary range: $50,000 to $60,000
Please note that all employees must undergo a police information check.
For a full position description, please go to https://www.educationmatters.ca/about/get-involved/
Please apply with a cover letter and resume to:
Ms. Helen Nowlan-Walls, Director, Donor and Community Engagement, EducationMatters
Via Isarta No phone calls please.