Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Electrification business (EL) is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions
- enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
ABB offers products you need to keep the power flowing efficiently and reliably through all of the distribution networks that crisscross the landscape. Our solutions deliver continuous, uninterrupted power as efficiently as possible, reducing maintenance, repair and operational cost wherever possible. Whether systems are overhead or underground, our broad family of electrical solutions enables us to support your design, construction and maintenance requirements economically, reliability and safety. We are your partner in power delivery.
The Sales Specialist will be responsible for account management and sales for our electrical utility accounts. The role requires travel throughout the sales territory, and there will be a mix between accounts which have long term relationships with ABB as well as the need to uncover new sales opportunities. A particular focus will be placed on pipeline management and forecasting to build and execute a successful sales plan. The successful candidate will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure YoY growth in both revenue and NPS (Net Promoter Score) across all assigned accounts in the Region.
- Responsible for sales of products & services within electrical utility market in Ontario, in accordance with strategy.
- Build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Prepares sales plans using company tools, including SALESFORCE.com.
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques.
- Ensures efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- Identifies and drives the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Manages administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Prepares offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensures appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Minimum of 5 years of Sales experience with demonstrated track record of selling technical products
- Technical College, Engineering or Business Degree
- A benefit would be to understand medium and/or low voltage electrical systems
- Experience interacting with engineers and other professionals, as well as VP's and upper management
- A benefit would be experience working with channel partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce.com
MORE ABOUT US
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.