At Juno, our product is the unique way we help people make career changes. Our products are our courses, our philosophy, our strategy. Our close-knit team of over 30 people are focused on our purpose: helping young people get ahead. Though 2020 has certainly gone differently than expected, we are preparing for new projects and new hires in 2021 so it's an incredibly exciting time to join Juno.
We've spent almost all of our eight-year history growing through word of mouth. In 2020, we decided to step it up in a big way and began to make more substantial investments in marketing, and that will continue in 2021. Our newly created role of Senior Product Marketing Manager will lead the go-to-market strategy for all Juno products as well as manage new product launches from conception to completion.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role will work alongside a growing marketing team that includes a Content Marketing and Design Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Digital Marketing Specialist, and Web Developer and work closely with the Manager of Growth Verticals to inform new product decisions.
We will be launching exciting new projects in 2021 and introducing new course topics and types, so this role will have a healthy budget to design and execute marketing plans that will impact the company's long term growth. We're particularly excited about people who are natural storytellers and have copywriting experience. One of your key responsibilities will be to develop the key messaging and positioning of our unique courses in order to generate marketing qualified leads.
You will work closely with the content and design team to create marketing collateral that will enable our sales team to sell new and existing courses, and you'll lead market research projects that will help us better understand our current and prospective customers.
You'll seek to understand the customer journey and generate curiosity, interest, and action through your creative ideas and exceptional communication skills. This is a senior role that will ensure all product marketing initiatives are organized, efficient, and on budget. Some examples of day-to-day activities include:
- Developing course marketing material
- Articulating course details, highlights, and differentiators internally and externally
- Creating and managing go-to-market strategies
- Managing customer research projects
- Optimizing a process for product launches
- Identifying and selecting target markets
- Supporting the Manager of Growth Verticals in new product development
- Researching competitor marketing strategies
- Ensuring student reviews are up to date
It's critical for us that our new Senior Product Marketing Manager fits with our core values: 1) We experiment & improve, 2) We take initiative & deliver results, 3) We're flexible & thrive in ambiguity, 4) We're enthusiastic & positive. Everyone on our team strives to live these values every day, and during COVID, it's never been more clear that these values are incredibly important to us at Juno.
If those values resonate with you and you're excited about the chance to learn a whole bunch about startups, small businesses, technology, and education while contributing to a close-knit and collaborative team that really cares about making a difference, this might be the job for you!
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
This role is ideal for a detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative individual with 6-8 years of experience. You're looking to make a big impact at a fast-growing company with the opportunity to own projects from start to finish. Your skills and qualifications include:
- 6-8 years' experience working in a consumer (B2C) marketing role
- Project management skills to manage multiple high-profile projects at once
- Proven experience managing product launches from conception to completion
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, specifically the ability to translate consumer insights into actionable marketing tactics
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with multiple departments in the company, including sales, curriculum, and programs
- Sales experience is an asset
Founded in 2012, Juno (also known as Juno College of Technology, since we're a registered Private Career College) is a well-loved provider of hands-on, project-based training for people who want to learn to code or become professional developers! From our 12,000 square foot office in downtown Toronto and our Live Online classrooms, we run full-time and continuing education courses year-round. With thousands of alumni and 1000+ students a year, there's a large community of people ready to welcome you to Juno!
Perks & Benefits
This is a full-time, permanent position with room to grow and expand. We'd love to have someone start as soon as possible, but ultimately we're flexible
- it's more important for us that we find the right person to join our team! Please note we are currently fully remote with the whole Juno team working from home.
Please visit our Careers Page to learn about perks and benefits.