Secretary, Signals & Communication (SIG001K)
Employee Status: Regular
Barganing Unit: Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU)
Pay Range: 29.85
Location: 335 Judson Street
Closing Date: 29-Dec-2020
Start Rate: $29.19 per hour
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto's subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
The Capital Projects Group, Signals and Communications Office, is seeking a Secretary to provide efficient and effective secretarial and administrative support services within an assigned area.
What will I be doing?
- Types a variety of documentation including correspondence, memoranda, agendas, and reports from handwritten and/or verbal instructions
- Coordinates appointments, meetings, and room reservations.,
- Maintains appointment diaries and providing reminders for important commitments
- Provides administrative support for signal projects.
- Supporting processes and Lean principles applied by the signals team for administration of business objectives.
- Reviews and routes incoming correspondence, deciding what requires immediate attention and directing same to proper source for reply
- Ensures confidentiality of all corporate administrative and financial information and correspondence and exercises discretion on release of information
- Updates office manuals and catalogues as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What skills and qualifications do I need?
- Level of reading, writing and learning skills normally attained through completion of high school
- Two years related experience providing good knowledge of the principles and practices of office procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently are essential
- Must be proficient in use of MS Office and other computer applications and have the ability to enter source data quickly and accurately into a computer terminal
- Experience with maintaining and reconciling office budgets and reconciliation, including the use of spreadsheets to track expenses and create financial reports would be considered an asset
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER