Based in the progressive Guildford area of Surrey, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) serves over 3,700 real estate professionals who live and work in the BC communities of North Delta, Surrey, White Rock, Langley, Abbotsford, and Mission. We are a long standing, fiscally sound organization that relies heavily on our Communications Team for both, internal as well as external communications. Marking its 100-year anniversary in 2021, the FVREB is looking to augment its Communications team with an experienced and exceptionally motivated COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER, ready to hit the ground running.
Under new leadership and with a renewed focus and vision for the future, our Communications team is in the process of reinventing itself.
We are small enough to be nimble and bold, yet large enough to be able to make a difference. We move fast, sometimes with the flow, sometimes against it, but more often than not we chart our own path. We foster a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship, we dream big, we imagine the future, and then we make it happen. Because we can. Most of us wear many hats and our job descriptions don't always fall into traditional roles, but that's what makes it interesting, challenging, and fun.
Are you excited already? Then come join us!
The Ideal Candidate:
With a view to enhancing member satisfaction and engagement, instilling increased public awareness of the REALTOR® brand and the profession's contributions driven by a passion to optimize external visibility, you are instrumental in marshalling a dynamic and wholistic public relations strategy while overseeing and performing day-to-day communications, mentorship, and support activities.
What You'll Do:
- Working with your team, create, implement, and adapt an overarching branding and communications framework (with strategy) which responds to organizational goals and priorities.
- Work with multi-department teams, lead and participate in change management initiatives, in relation both to industry-wide developments and in response to technological evolution.
- Lead and supervise Communication team members to execute all communication, public facing, and production activities herein described
- providing mentorship, guidance, support, authorizations, feedback, and redressing as may from time to time be required.
- Serve as primary contact with journalists for media relations and as first point of contact/ initiator of exchanges with government.
- Ensure that inquiries and remarks received from members, industry, government, the public, and other stakeholder cohorts are addressed on a timely basis, frequently assisting other departments also in the development of responses to member and public inquiries.
- Develop and administer member surveys, aggregating collected data, and tabling techniques and recommendations intended to better serve members and the profession.
- Maintain the various websites ensuring current and relevant content, mindful of opportunities to expand the FVREB knowledge repository, its reach and its potential in drawing both existing and prospective members and external constituents and observers.
- Prioritize, research, craft, and disseminate reports, statistical summaries, articles, columns, communiqués, newsletters, press releases, promotional content, and other publications as the case may be
- repurposing content for various objectives and media
What's in It for You:
- A competitive annual salary
- contingent on demonstrated exposure and experience.
- Full benefits package, group insurance, paid vacation, and extensive paid holiday time; Group Pension Plan.
- Great office space with modernization plans in the works.
- A great team with a renewed focus on continuous professional development and career progression.
- The ability to grow with an organization that promises growth and self-actualization and MORE.
What You'll Need:
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations, or equivalent combination of training and relevant work experience;
- Not less than five (5) years of direct experience working in communication, branding, marketing, or public relations role(s) with exposure to NFP sector;
- Demonstrated experience working with printers, web designers, photographers, graphic designers, and communications advisors
- internal and external;
- Not less than two (2) years of experience in supervisory function and one (1) year of management experience;
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with the media and in issues management;
- Above-average project coordination, event planning, prioritization, problem-solving, editing and communication skills;
- Positive attitude, ability to adapt to change, and superior sense of accountability and responsibility over assigned objectives, outcomes, and records;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other units/departments and cross-functional teams;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and decision-making skills; and,
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
Please apply by submitting your resume (in pdf format only), cover letter, and salary expectations.
To be considered for employment candidates will be required to provide proof of citizenship, permanent residency, or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions. Employment is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired. We sincerely thank all applicants who express an interest in this role but wish to let you know that we will only be contacting applicants that are aligned with our requirements.