- Ref. No. 20085
Permanent / Full-Time
The Alex: Changing Health. Changing Lives. The Alex Community Health Centre is a not-for-profit organization that is changing how we look at health care in Calgary. Our health, housing and food programs support our most vulnerable neighbours, tackling tough health and social issues head-on. Using a multi-disciplinary team approach, we focus care on assessment, intervention and promotion of all aspects of health. We embrace a model of health care that is accessible, responsive and participatory. In addition to the Community Health Centre, we run a Seniors Health Centre, a Youth Centre, two Mobile Community Health Buses, one Dental Health Bus, four Housing First Programs, and a Community Food Centre.
What we do and why we do it:
The Communications Team at The Alex supports leadership by developing processes and capacity to recruit, develop, and retain high performing individuals thereby supporting the delivery of innovative and accessible health, housing, and social solutions.
The Communications Coordinator supports The Alex's internal and programmatic communications, ensures staff and community members have access to timely information, and provides tools to support effectiveness of Alex programs. This is a permanent full-time role.
What you will do:
With a focus on supporting all health, housing and community programs as well as facilities, human resources, executive, and resource development teams, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Working with the Communications Manager and Human Resources team to develop an organization-wide internal communications strategy, and to innovate and optimize processes and tools in an ongoing manner.
- Writing, editing and delivering timely All-Staff communications (emails, staff newsletter, intranet updates, etc.) working with stakeholders to collect and disseminate information as required.
- Developing and implementing all-staff wellness initiatives with support of Staff Wellness Committee, Human Resources and Communications team.
- Design, development, and delivery of:
- On and offline program promotions and collateral, such as posters, brochures, calendars, presentations, etc.
- Interior and exterior signage
- Online forms and other digital workflow solutions as required
- Working closely with the Communications Manager, supporting change management communications within the organization, including onboarding new programs, supporting new OH&S initiatives, etc.
- Developing and maintaining a system for collecting program statistics on a quarterly basis, working closely with Research team.
- With support of Communications Manager, ensuring all staff are supported in understanding Alex key messages, mission, vision, and values.
- Ensuring visual brand standards are implemented on all internal and program communications materials.
What you bring:
- Diploma or degree in Communications or a related field
- Strong writing skills and an understanding of plain language and strength-based writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Curiosity, creativity, and problem solving.
- Very responsive, organized, and self-starting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook including Teams.
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Content Management System (CMS) experience is an asset.
- A satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
- Knowledge of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP) and the Truth and Reconciliation Commissions (TRC) 94 Calls to Action considered an asset
Why You Want to Work with Us:
The Alex is an innovative and diverse organization which seeks to invest in its employees and see them succeed in their chosen careers. If you are seeking a deeply rewarding, yet challenging career helping Calgary's vulnerable populations, this might be the place for you!
- Group Benefits after 3 months
- 3-paid weeks of Vacation
- Paid Wellness and Personal Days
- RRSP Matching after 6 months
- Reimbursement of Professional Designation fees
- Investment in Professional Development
- Health and Lifestyle Enhancement benefit
How to apply:
If you are as passionate as we are about being a part of the solution to resolve homelessness, please email your resume via Isarta and be sure to include the job title and reference number in the subject line. This job posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
For further information about The Alex and its programs, we encourage you to visit our website at www.thealex.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.