As an Azure Infrastructure Specialist, you are a senior business leader with deep technical expertise within our enterprise sales organization, working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of sales, technical, and services resources to help customers realize digital transformation through cloud computing. A core competency of the role is to advance the engagement process to achieve/exceed quarterly Azure Infrastructure usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You possess both a high EQ with executive presence, able to engage with senior decision makers to uncover digital transformation initiatives, and a passion to learning how Azure cloud services can deliver digital transformation. You will develop and maintain an Azure Infrastructure and application migration expertise, able to identify projects, build a compelling business case, and drive the consumption project to production. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CXO level with technology decision makers. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements. You will remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- 30% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and developing new Azure consumption engagements which align to the customer's technical and business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools and targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 60% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure solutions. You will win the customers' technical decision for consumption projects and usage scenarios through tailored messaging, technical discussions, and aligning the appropriate solutions partners, programs and resources to guide them in decision making and consumption plans. You will lead technical demonstrations of Azure solutions to explain and prove the capabilities of Microsoft Azure relative to the customers business and technical objectives. These efforts will accrue to developing minimum viable product (MVP) solutions which will accelerate deployment to Azure with support of other technical roles including Azure Partners.
- 10% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Hybrid Datacenter go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications.
- Experience. 8+ years' experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer's overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence
- Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft server products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements especially those involving Infrastructure modernization and migration
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and application and infrastructure competitor landscape
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Certifications. Azure Admin Associate or Architect
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, MBA preferred, or equivalent.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada? At Microsoft Canada, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset
- our employees
- healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential. Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
- Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Software Purchase Program
- Fitness Membership & Subsidy
- I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
- Employee Assistance Program And so much more...
At Microsoft, we share a passion for technology, customers and our partners. We aspire to be more than just a good company- we aspire to be a great company. What will make us great is our commitment to our mission of enabling people and businesses throughout the world to realize their full potential. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify Microsoft if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Microsoft will work with you to determine how to meet your need.