At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
140+ years in the industry means Aecon's roots in construction and infrastructure development run deep. We have earned the position of the preferred contractor to numerous public entities and Public-Private Partnerships (P3s) across Canada and abroad. Our Construction segment includes all aspects of the construction of both public and private infrastructure in the Civil, Urban Transportation, Nuclear, Utility, and Conventional Industrial sectors. We operate primarily in Canada but selectively pursue International initiatives.
Aecon's Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
The Manager of Communications EHS will be responsible for the management and delivery of all strategic communications for Aecon's EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) group.
- Develop and implement company-wide Safety communications plans and programs on behalf of the EHS group.
- Lead the creation and execution of communication campaigns & collateral for EHS change initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with Aecon's Corporate Communications team to provide marketing/internal communications counsel and best practice to Aecon's Safety Leadership Team and Corporate Safety Services.
- Produce high-quality and impactful communication materials across multiple formats, including print, digital, face-to-face.
- Ensure on-time delivery and responsiveness to our internal client base.
- Produce proactive and real-time communications responses to emerging issues and opportunities.
- Manage development and maintenance of Aecon's EHS intranet portal.
- Translate external/related industry communications activity into compelling internal communications.
- Lead translation (EN/FR) services function on behalf of the department and ensure all communications are produced and disseminated in both offical languages.
- Ensure alignment of all communications to Corporate Communications guidelines and strategies.
- Bring an innovative lens to all deliverables, pursuing new opportunities, and leveraging capabilities and skill set to support our internal stakeholders.
- Develope, implemente and drive behaviours in support of advancing communication channels, including social media and digital platforms
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A communications professional with 7-10 years' experience working in an internal communications environment, reflecting a demonstrable knowledge in the formulation and implementation of stakeholder engagement and organization-wide business communications programs.
- Must be an exceptional writer/editor/proofreader, with demonstrated written/verbal business communication skills.
- Functionally bilingual (FR/EN) in a business communications environment is considered an asset.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills, as well as superior project management and time management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in leading successful teams and achieving performance/business plan objectives.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media; experience delivering communications across all communications channels.
- A self-starter who can work independently to achieve goals yet collaborates well within a larger team.
- Brings a positive and professional approach to management.
- Able to build and maintain trusted relationships; manage up and down the organizational structure.
- Ability to work well under pressure and across multiple time zones.
- Cultural awareness and understanding.