DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide telephone/ radio console communications coordinating security response to all codes and emergency procedures.
- Working with multiple security systems; monitor/manage all surveillance cameras, intrusion/duress alarms, physical security systems and elevator entrapment situations.
- Dispatch and coordinates the operations of security guards in response to routine and emergency calls, customer service requests, incident reporting, facility & fire watch patrols.
- Effectively handle all telephone calls and general inquiries.
- Provide supportive assistance to all patients, visitors and staff.
- Graduate of a recognized community college program in Emergency Telecommunications; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of computer software applications (Windows, Excel, etc.) including security dispatching and reporting.
- Excellent and effective communication (written/verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission and Values of St. Michael's Hospital.
- Must be punctual. Regular attendance is a requirement of the position as is the ability to work shift work, weekends and overnights to accommodate specific components of the job.
- Prospective candidates, upon selection, will submit to a RCMP criminal background check.
HOURS: Must be available to work 8 hour shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends.
Shifts are subject to change as per departmental needs.