T&T Supermarket Inc. was found in 1993 with two stores in BC. Since then, it has expanded rapidly to become Canada's largest Asian supermarket chain with 27 stores across the country: 12 in Metro Vancouver, 6 in Alberta, and 9 in Ontario (7 in GTA and 1 in Ottawa).
Beyond its Asian-centric product offering, T&T's key differentiator is in providing customers with an authentic and enriched shopping experience with an uncompromising commitment to quality. T&T was acquired by Loblaw Companies in 2009. While receiving strong support from its parent company (who is the largest supermarket chain in Canada), T&T continues to operate and grow within the parameters of its own unique identity.
This position is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and ongoing optimization of an effective, efficient, and innovation branding strategy to accomplish T&T's business strategy, goals, and objectives.
The initial business priorities include but are not limited to building and further enhancing T&T's branding, developing standards to enhance the consistency of corporate image across the regions, providing innovative solutions to promote the T&T's branding to the community, and planning for the longer term increased branding awareness, with the most appropriate and effective technology, techniques, and campaigns.
- Plan and develop a branding strategy that is tied to long term company plans
- Interpret T&T's culture and values to shape a unique, standardized brand and corporate identify for T&T applicable to all regions
- Plan and lead the team to implement and promote branding initiatives, and to strengthen corporate identity
- Develop, manage and execute a social media strategy to promote T&T's branding through social media channels; analyze and evaluate on social media performance
- Lead and direct creative strategy and concepts, and the development of all offline and online solutions (e.g. promotional materials, events, websites, social and digital media, etc.)
- Work closely with other departments to ensure all promotion and branding efforts are in-line with T&T's branding concepts
- Ensure articulation of T&T's desired image and branding, assure communication of image and branding throughout the company and the community
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with branding and marketing strategies
- Act as the company's representative with the media
- Coordinate media interest in the Company and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Ensure all company's print and electronic materials, including text, image and video content on social media, are consistent with the branding image.
- In collaboration with T&T's digital teams, develop and implement initiatives to support the growth of digital business, including but not limited to, develop offers and campaigns to drive traffic, manage email lists and lead CRM
- Ensure the overall look and feel of the digital products (UI/UX) is aligned with the corporate branding identity.
- Establish and provide guidelines to digital business content development; ensure it is consistent with the corporate branding and identity.
- Plan and deliver CRM strategies across the company, encouraging customer retention and customer loyalty
- Utilize the T&T customer loyalty program to capture all required information at key points in the customer life cycle
- Analyse the customer shopping data to develop the actionable insights in maximizing business opportunities
- Work closely with all departments to ensure the CRM works effectively for all aspects of the Company
- Oversee direct communications with customers through the CRM
- Ensure the database is segmented effectively for targeted marketing activities
- Lead, develop, grow and engage the team by continuously providing clear directions, feedback, and on-the-job training
- Organize the structure of the team including manpower planning, delegate the necessary authority to team members and create optimal working conditions
- Oversee department budget, performance reviews, strategic plans and other team requirements
- Ensure that all legal, compliance, and regulatory policies and procedures are understood and embedded into the operations of the team for ongoing compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of senior experience in creative marketing, advertising, digital business, social media, team branding, online marketing, and CIS with a proven track record of success and performance
- Highly creative with solid experience in conceptualizing ideas and delivering them effectively via various online, digital, or other channels
- Strong understanding of the Chinese Canadian market; experience working with the Asian Chinese communities is an asset
- Able to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
- Strong leadership with ability to motivate and develop team members
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English and working knowledge of Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) preferred
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, problem solving and execution skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to travel within Canada and overseas as and when required