Want to make an impact on the world around you? So do we.
The North America Corporate Communications Lead is responsible for the strategy, creation and execution of internal communications and Area President-related social media as well as special projects across North America. This individual provides strategic communications guidance and support for the Area President, high quality programs that drive key business messages and engage our 3,000+ North America employees. This includes, but is not limited to, executive communications; social media; crisis communications; leadership and area town halls; employee newsletters and postcards; intranet content; targeted emails; video calls and more. Excellent writing skills are key as is experience working with different digital platforms and channels.
In addition to managing the executive communications of the Area President, the North America Corporate Communications Lead will also provide strategic counsel to select members of the North America Leadership team, drive employee engagement and message cascades as part of global initiatives and liaise with other internal departments (e.g. HR, Corporate Citizenship) to curate, create and promote ad hoc content. Reporting to the Area Marketing Lead, this individual will be the central point person for all internal communications-related activities in North America, working closely with our Global Corporate Communications team as well as Area Marketing, PR, Avanade Asset Protection (AAP), and HR leads to ensure quality, consistency and tone of core messages.
Finally, this role will also provide support on special projects across North America as agreed with the Area Marketing Lead, Area President and the Global Internal Communications Lead.
Successful candidates will have experience working in a fast-paced, global company managing multiple projects, timelines and stakeholder expectations. Candidates must also have a deep understanding of business priorities and drivers, excel at managing ambiguity, uncertainty and change, and display flexibility and adaptability to drive results (things are always innovating, changing and evolving!) and have the ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and stakeholder expectations. Relationships are key, so understanding how to build consensus, and communicate to different levels and diverse audiences is critical.
- Leads corporate communications activities in North America in partnership with Area President, Area Marketing Lead, and global corporate communications team.
- Responsible for area-level cascade of all global messaging (Growth Recovery Plan, International Women's Day, !nnovate, etc)
- Act as a trusted communications advisor for the Area President and provide strategic guidance, counsel and support to Area President and (when necessary) other members of the North America leadership team.
- Develops and cultivates internal and external persona for Area President in partnership with Area PR lead and social media team.
- Works with leadership to develop content, agendas, and execute Area all-hands broadcasts and Director+ meetings
- Participates in key leadership meetings / calls as necessary
- Owns the internal workstream for North America crisis communications, working closely with Area leadership, AAP and external communications.
- Acts as a central point of contact for communications-related activities in the Area with key groups across Avanade (HR in particular).
- Develops and curates content for bi-weekly North America KnowShareDo postcard.
- Manages the development, approval process and execution of all employee email communications.
- Owns, manages and creates content for the North America digital hub page.
- Partners closely with corporate communications, global marketing and the business to support the communications of key initiatives and programs.
- Collaborates with the ITS, PR and Analyst Relations, brand, social media and digital teams to cross promote any relevant communications.
- Supports special projects as defined by Area President, Area Marketing Lead and Global Internal Communications Lead.
- Employs storytelling techniques to help differentiate Avanade's messaging.
- Strives to continuously evolve and improve our corporate communications strategy by conducting research and interacting with our target audience regularly.
- Develops and employs metrics used to assess effectiveness of communications programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, emphasis on copy writing and social-style content
- Prior internal communications experience, preferably with a global company. Knowledge of PR helpful as this role will partner closely with the Area PR Lead especially on Area President-related content.
- Experience working with digital media, channels and platforms to engage employees, e.g. SharePoint, blogs, videos, email platforms, social media, etc.
- Strong executive presence, ability to work across global teams and manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
- Creativity to differentiate and make a greater impact
- Responsive, collaborative and hands-on team player. Collaborative approach working in partnership with Area Internal Communications Leads for Europe and Growth Markets as well as with global internal communications team.
- Self-starter who's comfortable working in ambiguous, fast paced and changing situations, ability to problem-solve
- Project management skills
- Detail oriented: strong listening skills; pays high attention to detail and excels at editing and proofreading.
- 7+ years of experience in corporate communications or communications consulting
- Strong executive presence
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to demonstrate business impact and value quickly
Qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism or related