At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
As part of the Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Marketing and Corporate Affairs group, the Corporate Affairs team produces award-winning strategic public relations initiatives, campaigns and materials in support of Aecon's overall reputation management strategy. With a roster of complex and future building projects across Canada and beyond, we lead the way for Aecon when it comes to external communications, including issues management, project and stakeholder communications, media relations, executive communications, social and digital media and government relations. We're a fun, but hard-working team with a significant portfolio that will always keep you engaged in meaningful and diverse work!
Do you have a passion for dynamic, professional, strategic external communications? Are you an enthusiastic, resourceful, hyper-organized team player with strong writing skills, and an expert project manager? We're looking for your public relations and communications skills, positive attitude and desire to succeed as a member of our team in the Corporate Affairs Specialist role.
- Support the Corporate Affairs and Investor Relations teams on a broad range of communications initiatives.
- Craft communications materials including news releases, articles, letters and speeches.
- Develop dynamic presentations for executive speaking engagements and department leaders.
- Research and curate industry and company-related media coverage and social listening reports.
- Identify and evaluate PR opportunities, prepare key messages and staff media events.
- Manage the development of quarterly reports, Aecon's award-winning annual report, and take the lead planning shareholder events.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure continuous maintenance, relevancy and augmentation of Aecon's corporate website and digital assets.
- Social media savvy with the ability to plan, execute and oversee social media strategies and campaigns.
- Identify, respond to, and track sponsorships and donations.
- Liaise with business units to capture compelling stories and company or project-related news to be communicated externally on a broad variety of platforms including articles, social, digital and traditional media.
- Respond to stakeholder inquires, attend client working group meetings and support crisis and emergency preparedness initiatives as required.
- Administrative tasks as required. Manage public inquiries and issues while applying a super positive, agile customer service approach.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- University degree paired with a communications post-graduate certificate, or a diploma in communications/public relations or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of progressive experience in the public relations/communications field.
- Exceptional written/oral communications skills, media relations savvy and storytelling lens.
- Demonstrated project management and event planning skills.
- Passion for effective and powerful public relations and external communications campaigns.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to plan and execute multiple priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to foster positive working relationships and responsibly handle confidential information.
- Self-starter with the ability to work within a team environment and be receptive to direction.
- Thorough grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Working knowledge of the infrastructure and energy sectors an asset.
- French language skills considered an asset.