Reporting to the Director, the Estimator and Proposal Writer captures customer needs, generates cost estimates and proposals, interprets RFP/Q's and works with customers throughout the procurement stage.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the ?quote to order? process, generate quotes, provide timely follow-up, handle direct sales inquiries
- Efficiently and timely processing of quotes and sales order requests received via any communication means, including RFQs, RFPs and RFIs.
- Review engineering drawings and plans and RFPs to understand customer's scope and needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders and clients to define and assess needs and recommend the appropriate service, including making site visits as required.
- Prepare quotations and proposals using standard templates and judgement.
- Attends client project meetings as required
- Develop relationships with repeat customers, and promotes sales.
- Review contract agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years' experience in cost estimating, proposal development and contract negotiation.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Estimating designation an asset.
- Critical thinker, capable of formulating strategic concepts
- Minimum completion of college diploma or undergraduate degree required.
- Strong computing skills.
- Self-motivated, adaptable and good in teams.
- The ability to build business relationships, with clients and across the business.
- Discrete and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in Civil Infrastructure construction environments an asset.
- Practical understanding of the analysis of engineering drawings and tenders/RFP's and asset.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Company Health Benefits
- Defined Profit Sharing Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
How to apply
To confidentially apply, please email your cover letter and resume via Isarta