DATABASE MARKETING ANALYST (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2021-033
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Globe and Mail is seeking a Database Marketing Analyst to support our database marketing efforts in a very competitive landscape under the leadership of the Manager of Database Marketing. In this role, you will build SQL code, consolidating disparate data sources to develop direct email marketing campaigns that support a comprehensive subscriber contact strategy. The position requires the automation and scheduling of scripted data workflows as well as a sound understanding and strict adherence to data privacy laws and legislation. Additionally, the role will act as an advocate for the protection of subscriber data and enhancement of the subscriber experience through increased engagement.
- Gather, document and translate business requirements from various business units into executable direct email marketing campaigns.
- Utilize Oracle SQL to extract targeted Marketing Campaign lists.
- Develop database marketing campaign segmentation strategies based on customer and prospect type/persona data, transactional history and on site behavioral data.
- Create both ad hoc and recurring campaigns utilizing Oracle SQL and JAVA Script.
- Interact with cloud based email deployment systems and APIs.
- Complete quality assurance audits to ensure campaign design and execution SQL code accurately reflects business requirements and specifications.
- Development of monthly reporting metrics/dashboards utilizing SQL and Tableau.
- Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and views.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Ensure marketing campaign data is accurate and readily accessible.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related analytical/database marketing field required.
- 3+ years of experience in software packages or programming languages used for analyzing and manipulating data and automating Oracle jobs (PL/SQL, SQL).
- Advanced PL/SQL skills are mandatory.
- 3+ years minimum experience performing database analytics.
- Experience in scripting and automating data processes using JAVA script.
- Practical experience in database marketing utilizing Oracle SQL.
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft SQL Language/Server, Relational Database, and HTML.
- Strong technical skills in statistical methods and data modeling.
- Experience with big data platform (ie: Snowflake, Metabase) an asset.
- Working knowledge in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, HiveQl, or R, an asset.
- Experience contributing on email campaigns, including campaign automation.
- Understand the principles of relational databases and importance of data hygiene.
- Tableau reporting experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well organized with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Collaborative team player who is willing to share knowledge and learnings.
- Autonomous self-starter, comfortable working in a team environment with minimal direction.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.