H (Interim Grade): $26.04-$27.66
This position is an opportunity to engage with the Vancouver Island Work-Integrated Learning project to promote all forms of work-integrated learning such as co-operative education and internships at both NIC and VIU whilst performing a number of administrative tasks to support a variety of outreach and promotional efforts to employers in the Vancouver Island region north of the Malahat. Occasional travel may be required to conduct video interviews with WIL partners and participants, create video and/or social media content to promote WIL opportunities in the region and to support employment engagement events. The Marketing Assistant will liaise with employers to identify potential opportunities for students. The successful candidate will receive guidance and supervision from the Coordinator Work-Integrated Education. The Marketing Assistant is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College, incorporating and practicing the values in all work performed.
- Job Knowledge
- Planning & Organization
- Customer Service Excellence
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills
Duties & Responsibilities
The following are examples of special projects/events that are reflective of the duties of this position:
1. The marketing & engagement liaison will develop digital marketing content for social media promotion of work-integrated learning by documenting and interviewing WIL students and employers.
2. The marketing & engagement liaison will assist with marketing efforts for special projects and/or events that support student engagement, student employability, work-integrated learning and student social entrepreneurship.
3. The marketing & engagement liaison will support outreach efforts and event planning to increase employer engagement and the posting of WIL opportunities on the VIWIL job portal.
Required Education & Experience
- Diploma in a related field and a Bachelor's Degree is preferred in a related field such as Business, Tourism & Hospitality, Communications, Commerce, Humanities, Liberal Arts, Digital Media, etc.
- Recent experience and clear understanding of how to use databases combined with the ability to export data and to format and compile reports.
- Preference given to experience in event organization, using social media for marketing purposes and creating marketing campaigns to increase both student and employer engagement.
- Minimum of 1-2 years with 2 years preferred of recent experience in digital marketing and creating communication content for social media promotion.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities
1. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task are required.
2. Preference for strong MS Word, and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite skills (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) in addition to proficiency with social media tools such as FB, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn.
3. Flexibility and ability to problem-solve independently.
4. Ability to take direction easily and apply project management skills collaboratively with a team while working independently and/or remotely.
5. Valid driver's license and ability to travel occasionally when permitted.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please scan copies of your transcripts into one document for attachment. If your transcripts are not available at the time of application, please attach a letter or certificate of confirmation from the educational institution.
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled