Send us a detailed cover letter, along with your resume, explaining your background and career aspirations.
Our team is expanding, and we are looking for an energetic Advertising Sales Representative to help develop an important new division of SilkStart.
As an Advertising Sales Representative, you will be a key member in establishing and growing our online advertising services division.
You will be responsible for establishing new relationships with associations across North America to help them bring in additional non-dues revenue by using a mix of website, buyer's guide and job board management services.
This is a great full-time opportunity for someone interested in a fun, fast-paced and challenging sales environment. We will provide you the opportunity to make contributions immediately while developing the skills and knowledge to be successful.
In today's world, associations and non-profits are struggling to re-capture funding lost due to the cancellation of events and in-person programs from Covid-19. With many of these organizations already operating with minimal staff and shoe-string budgets, it is more important than ever for them to find additional sources of non-dues revenue to help the organization succeed.
SilkStart's mix of non-dues revenue-generating services through website advertisements, buyer's guides, and managed job board services can offer a lifeline for these organizations by providing a solid stream of additional revenue. It will be your job to find, qualify, and close these organizations while developing a plan that will maximize the mutual benefit for the association, the advertisers, and SilkStart.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively prospect, qualify, and close leads using a variety of sources.
- Work directly with organizations to discuss and understand their needs and then develop customized solutions to drive non-dues revenue to their organization.
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to completion of the sale.
- Create proposals that outline the services to be delivered.
- Meet and exceed individual daily, weekly and monthly sales goals.
Do you have what it takes to be successful at SilkStart?
- Strong business development focus, willing to prospect and uncover new potential clients and drive to develop opportunities from prospect level through to deal close.
- Individually driven to work in a highly competitive environment where success is the only option.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a new and dynamic work environment.
- Relentless persistence in a competitive marketplace.
- 3+ years working in digital advertising or media sales.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
A few points about why it's great to work at SilkStart:
- A fun, exciting, and dynamic work environment.
- A chance to grow and advance as the company expands.
- A chance to have a voice and influence major strategic decisions.
- Competitive compensation with uncapped commission.
- Open territories.