Torstar Corporation is a broadly based, progressive media company with a long history in daily and community newspapers, book publishing and digital businesses.
Built on the foundation of the Toronto Star, one of North America's great Metropolitan daily newspapers, Torstar has grown into a diversified media company with a growing portfolio of businesses and investments that reach consumers in Canada, the United States and around the world.
The company publishes more than 70 print and digital newspapers and operates dozens of digital businesses in Canada through its main operating segments, Daily News Brands, Community Brands and Digital Ventures.
Our mission is to profitably grow by delivering and engaging each customer with trusted journalism, information and content that is most relevant to their personal passions, needs and desire for positive change in our communities. Central to our strategy is the use of data to fuel the growth of new digital subscription revenue streams and to enhance the value and performance of our digital audience to advertisers.
This is a contract position that will help Torstar publications, including the Toronto Star, drive digital subscriptions through Corporate & Affiliate bulk sales. This Digital Subscription Sales role reports to the Director, Lifecycle Management
- Acquisition & Retention of Torstar's Marketing department.
About the role:
- Unique blend of business operations, channel execution and customer facing sales accountable for driving the E2E sales pipeline.
- Both farm and hunt a portfolio of clients through tailored lead generation techniques, targeted marketing, as well as in/out bound sales.
As a member of our high performing team, your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping connected with both new and existing clients, partners, affiliates and government orgnanizations to encourage ongoing sales
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers to build lucrative business opportunities.
- Work with Marketing peers on pricing, provisioning and cross promotion offers
- Work with Customer Care to efficiently provision sales
- Be comfortable meeting monthly quotas
- Uphold the core values of the Toronto Star and the Atkinson principles
Who you are:
You are a resourceful and motivated self-starter who thrives in the challenge of achieving and increasing sales targets. You are productive and relentless at generating leads (and you know that consistent activity ensures success).
What you need to be successful:
- A proven track record in achieving sales targets
- Experience with in-person, consultative B2B sales or account management
- Experience generating new business (e.g. prospecting, nurturing, cold calling etc.)
- An ability to learn and adapt in fast moving environment
- A driver's license, use of a vehicle and valid vehicle insurance
Nice to haves:
- Deep knowledge of or experience with media sales and/or digital marketing
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.