Address: 100 King Street West
Job Family Group:Corporate Affairs
As a senior member of a high-performing communications team, prepare, schedule and execute communications strategies for designated internal and external audiences that support the business priorities of BMO Private Wealth and help produce results. Research, write, edit and project manage communication initiatives to support a broad range of projects and activities across multiple audiences and channels. Provide strategic communications counsel and a superior level of service to designated partners with respect to assigned projects, many of which are derived through a cross-functional framework.
In addition, this position will be responsible for the strategic direction, development and execution of internal digital channels, ensuring alignment to corporate standards, as well addressing the needs of multiple lines of business within BMO Private Wealth.
The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to excellence, an ability to partner with a diverse group of business partners, and significant experience in communication planning and execution as well as the financial services industry. They must be dedicated to developing communications of the highest quality, while ensuring that all messaging and strategies are consistent with brand standards, and aligned with the firm's strategy business priorities.
This position requires skills in the areas of strategy, communications, creative thinking, decision-making acumen, negotiation and problem solving, while demonstrating personal integrity and honesty.
Knowledge and Skills
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal clients with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrate superior strength in writing and editing.
- Ability to develop and lead complex communications strategies and complete task-based assignments.
- Create, manage and execute communication strategies for a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal skills
- with the ability to communicate with senior-level internal partners and display confidence in providing counsel and strategic recommendations.
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate leadership.
- Strong working knowledge of financial services and, in particular, wealth/investment management.
- Possess the requisite industry credentials that could lead to becoming licensed as an IIROC Non-Trading Supervisor in Ontario.
- Computer literate
- comfortable with technology and the use of Office suite of programs, as well as SharePoint and Salesforce.
- Client service orientation
- with a passion for meeting and exceeding expectations of partners.
- Results driven with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to take complex information and communicate it clearly and concisely based on the needs of the audience.
- Strong communicator
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, coupled with strong editing skills
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Flexible, self-starter who is confident and tactful, but understands when to seek advice and counsel
- A quick learner with strong interpersonal skills
Experience and Education:
- Degree in Journalism or Communications
- 10 years of experience in a communications-related position, with at least 5 years of experience as a communicator within a financial services organization preferred
- Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course
- Other industry credentials would be an asset.
We're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one
- for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at www.jobs.bmo.ca/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.