Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, high energy environment, and feed off the energy that comes from collective success? Do you have experience working in multi-stakeholder communications for complex organizations? Do you have communications experience in asset management or other areas of finance?
Edelman would love to get to know you!
Edelman has evolved in Canada from its legacy as solely a PR agency to an integrated agency with specialties like Insights & Analytics, Paid Media, Planning & Creative and Digital Marketing. This evolution has led to both integrated AOR mandates with large Canadian brands and the awards to match from Cannes, CMA, Strategy and the like, all wrapped in an award-winning culture.
Edelman's Corporate Practice is looking for an Account Manager with 3-4 years of relevant experience in communications and public relations. The ideal candidate has corporate communications experience in financial services, asset management or other areas of finance, preferably in an agency environment.
You will be given the opportunity to own client relationships, drive the planning and content creation for internal and external communications programing and manage issues. You will help to shape corporate reputations and drive engagement among the employees of some of the world's top companies.
Your experience will include a robust knowledge of, and the ability to counsel clients on, media relations strategies, reputation management, executive profile building and issues management, with an understanding of digital communications and social media. Candidates must demonstrate excellent writing skills, project management qualities and a track record of leading and executing successful client programs that measurably support clients' business objectives. Experience with media relations and international communications is a significant advantage.
We need a confident, driven and detail-oriented individual who will cultivate both internal and client relationships and take initiative.
The successful candidate will have proven project management skills, including the ability to oversee projects on multiple client accounts. You will have excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills, and a demonstrable knowledge of current events, media channels and social platforms.
- Research, develop and project manage strategic and tactical implementation of client programs and events targeting internal (employee) and/or external stakeholders
- Own the client relationship on small accounts, managing day-to-day activity, strategic client counselling and effective project staffing.
- Proactively contribute to the development and growth of client accounts, working with and mobilizing Edelman specialties and resources across multiple offices.
- Lead client service, organizational development, staff training and development and quality control on multiple client accounts.
- Develop, write and edit strategic communications and stakeholder materials with a demonstrated understanding of client business, marketing and communication objectives.
- Develop, write and edit media materials, speeches, presentations, internal communiques, award nominations and corporate announcements.
- Lead earned media campaigns and maintain strong relationships with media.
- Oversee program tracking and monitoring, providing ongoing strategic analysis of program results.
- Begin to manage the billing and account profitability of small accounts.
- Live the Edelman values (the relentless pursuit of excellence, freedom to be constantly curious and courage to do the right thing).
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Liberal Arts or comparable required; graduate/advanced degree preferred
- Depth of experience developing strategic external and internal corporate communication plans
- Experience managing account team members
- Experience integrating and collaborating across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working on internal communications and employee experience is an asset
- Detail-oriented & highly organized, with experience and comfort managing multiple concurrent projects
- Strong analytical, prioritization and communication skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, and ability to provide intuitive plain language understanding to clients
- A working knowledge of secondary research resources for use in landscape analyses, such as financial and market research, government and academic studies, syndicated and publicly available survey research and marketing, advertising and general news sources
- Basic understanding of crisis and risk management
- Passion for, and experience in, responding to requests for proposals and new business pitches
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint and a variety of social media analytics tools
If you are passionate about corporate and financial communications and are looking for an exciting opportunity to cultivate your skills, benefit from strong senior leadership, develop high-impact programming and contribute to a positive team culture, please attach your résumé and cover letter to your application. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Toronto.
Edelman is committed to accessibility and equal opportunity in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation to participate in this recruitment, please contact Via Isarta
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age's 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report's 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor's Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.