EY is on a mission to build a better working world
- and communications are at the core of helping us realize that ambition. Authentic and dynamic storytelling with unique points of view are critical to engaging employees, clients, media and the public at large in today's transformative age. We have a lot of stories to tell at EY, and we need your help to tell them.
EY is a global leader in assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions services. The insights and services we deliver help build trust and confidence in capital markets and global economies. Reporting to the Head of Brand, Marketing and Communications, the successful candidate will work closely with our executive team and senior partners of the team, while leading a national team of internal and external communicators to develop and execute thoughtful, integrated and forward-thinking communications strategies, approaches and messages that convene our people and the public around common, meaningful narratives.
We're looking for a natural-born, detail-oriented communicator who is marketing savvy with extensive stakeholder and team management experience to deliver better and bolder communications in a high-volume environment, while also being able to calmly manage crises situations and navigate new acquisitions.
If status quo isn't in your vocabulary, and you're interested in being challenged, stretching your knowledge of market and industry trends, ready for a fast-paced environment and looking for a collaborative team environment, you've come to the right place.
Your key responsibilities:
- Enable thoughtful, timely and impactful internal, external and corporate communications.
- Proactively share and connect the dots between internal and external communications and broader marketing efforts.
- Advise Executive Committee and national leaders on various communications from speaking engagements to press releases, blogs, crisis management, and more.
- Manage executive and national leadership personal brand strategy, planning and execution.
- Oversee corporate and client issues management planning and response.
- Lead corporate acquisitions communications strategy and deliverables.
- Coach, mentor and guide seven communications team members on strategy, frameworks and deliverables.
- Measure and report on communications results to stakeholders and the wider team, including management of a monthly cross-team newsletter.
- Manage budget and external contract relationships.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strategic mindset focused on initiating new ideas and stories to elevate the EY brand.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop engaging and innovative communications with a strong understanding of how best to deliver tactics across different channels.
- Readiness to work in a fast-paced, complex, yet dynamic work environment and able to comfortably multitask on a variety of simultaneous, while operating with a sense of urgency with a focus on the client at the centre of everything you do.
- Stellar communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas persuasively and efficiently across various communications channels.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills and high-quality standards for timely product delivery.
- Ability to contribute to communications deliverables while simultaneously managing, coaching and motivating a team of communications professionals across Canada.
- Extensive experience advising and supporting executive leadership on personal brand and communications strategies.
- Experience liaising with leadership, Risk Management and/or Legal teams on corporate issues.
- Familiarity using communications software, such as Content Management Systems, Cision and/or Meltwater, to post stories that reach widespread audiences.
- Understanding of communications measurement tools, tactics and benchmarks.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing communications or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional communications experience.
- Experience planning and supporting strategic communications campaigns.
- Strong experience working with or managing C-suite executives.
- Organized and articulate, with impeccable attention to detail.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture
- built on high-performance teaming
- where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.