Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America's fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences
- across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold's suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 350 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
About the role
Bold is looking for an experienced product marketer to play a key role in our acceleration into the enterprise space. With offices in Winnipeg, Manitoba and Austin, Texas, this role can be remote and based out of any city in Canada or the US. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you will lead the marketing strategy, product positioning and messaging and storytelling for our solutions. You will collaborate in building GTM strategy with product, marketing and sales and plan campaigns with content and creative teams. You will mentor and motivate Product Marketing Strategists and leverage your expertise to influences product and business development decisions. Ultimately, the goal of this role is to make sure we are building the right products and to drive growth of Bold solutions within our enterprise target market.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in product marketing management with enterprise B2B technology, combined with full stack marketing expertise. Further, the candidate will have demonstrated leadership qualities
- ideally mentorship and developing others in product marketing.
Here's what you will do
- Product positioning and messaging:
- Build strong, differentiated stories
- to create and elevate our differentiated positioning and messaging for Bold's products to the target audience
- Go to market strategy and plans:
- Lead in depth analysis of the market and competitive landscape
- technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive offerings
- Serve as a knowledge expert between cross functional teams, building an understanding of target audience needs and purchase decision process
- Champion the strategy for generating sales pipeline to propel prospects through awareness, consideration, decision, retention and advocacy
- Content development for demand generation:
- Lead the development of content campaigns and sales collateral
- Collaborate with demand gen team utilizing data and insights to create and improve strategies that drive traffic to our content and optimize marketing funnels
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end spanning all marketing channels including email, social and digital advertising
- Ensure that all content is in line with both Bold's brand and overall marketing goals
- Product development influence:
- Combine your understanding of the competition and ecosystem with an understanding of our product, to influence product roadmap and business development decisions
- Work closely with product management, sales, partnerships and customer service teams to bring new products/features to market
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services
- Lead and mentor product marketing:
- Coach and develop Product Marketing Strategists in their contribution and execution of product marketing to grow their skills and experience
- Influence and motivate team members and internal stakeholders to take action and work effectively together to deliver business growth
Here's what we need from you
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold's mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
- 5-7 years of related product marketing experience, ideally 5+ years of ecommerce, B2B software product marketing experience
- Direct experience in API driven ecommerce is a big asset
- Extensive knowledge of product marketing fundamentals
- Experience in developing messaging, product positioning, content and journey mapping, and measurement
- Well versed in inbound and outbound channels (Digital, events, sales outreach, email, partner, content marketing)
- Experience in related e-commerce categories (e.g. platforms, shipping, payments, web design)
- Experience with enterprise level clients or SMBs in a complex ecosystem
- Highly organized and skilled at balancing multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strategic thinking and the ability to distill a lot of information into actionable insights and recommendations for the business
- A passion for solving real customer needs with technology and talking to them directly as well as through empathetic marketing messaging
- Experience with Hubspot, JIRA, and Google Analytics is an asset
- A creative thinker with strong communication skills, able to effectively articulate concepts to management and teams
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let's start the conversation
If you're a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you're proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!