Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. Come help us shape and achieve that mission.
Come help refine and shape the way Microsoft grows its flagship consumer subscription: Microsoft 365. The Microsoft 365 Consumer Subscription Lifecycle team plays a critical role in achieving this mission through driving subscriber base growth. This is a rare and unique opportunity to work across teams & disciplines and advocate for the end to end customer experience.
In this role you will analyze end to end user flows and funnel data to identify opportunities to improve those experiences resulting in tangible business impact. You will partner with Go To Market, Research, Finance, and Engineering to identify the right opportunities, and then partner with engineering to prioritize those opportunities in their roadmaps to drive growth.
Many of the projects this role will work on will be introduced to users as an experiments. The person in this role will learn how to define experiments using the Scientific Method, how to run them effectively, and how to work with data analysts to interpret results creating tangible business impact.
- Develop a deep understanding and affinity for our customers so that you can represent their needs.
- Identify the right opportunities to drive subscriber growth and revenue through analyzing funnels, end to end user journeys, market research, user research, etc.
- Synthesize opportunities into a roadmap and influence product engineering teams to prioritize these ideas in their backlogs.
- Partner closely with product engineering teams to bring new experiences to market or evolve existing experiences through experimentation to drive subscriber growth and revenue.
- Provide analysis of the impacts from delivered investments against team OKRs.
Effectively communicate key product scenarios to stakeholders to gain support and ensure alignment
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with a keen sense of urgency.
- Independent self-starter who can manage through highly ambiguous situations in a start-up style team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability collaborate with others.
- Experience with subscription lifecycles, product roadmaps, and experimentation is a plus but not required.
Unique elements of this role
- ...make decisions that have direct, tangible impact to the consumer business that is reported to the street.
- ...identify product opportunities and build a roadmap based on projected impact. You will learn to be data-driven.
- ...define, run, and analyze experiments-using multiple methodologies-to drive impact.
- ...build, cultivate, and maintain close relationships across marketing, finance, and engineering teams.
- ...develop a deep understanding of Microsoft technologies and how they serve customer needs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.