BridgingTheGap Ventures consists of research, training and capacity development initiatives that bridge opportunity gaps, foster inclusive innovation and prepare the industry for the future of jobs. Products and service programs are designed to facilitate multi-sector collaboration, foster future skills and stimulate youth-led innovation to create more inclusive communities.
Programming themes focus on...
Young Talent: Preparing talent for the future of jobs and equipping organizations with actionable strategies to recruit and retain Millennial and Generation Z talent
Inclusive Innovation: Exploring the challenges and opportunities for emerging talent from underrepresented groups-including youth, women, Indigenous peoples, low-income and other visible minorities-to pursue leadership and entrepreneurship
Sustainable Solutions: Connecting emerging young innovators with public-private stakeholders to co-create action plans to address the future of education and work, climate action, mental health, gender equality and other community challenges
Please note the candidate we want to hire will need to be located in Kitchener or Toronto, ON.
The Creative Marketing and Designer is responsible for working with members of the marketing and communications team to create and deliver digital and printed marketing materials to meet strategic corporate objectives.
The designer is responsible for producing designs that get the messages across with high visual impact. They will work on a variety of projects, including marketing, email marketing, specialist branding, corporate reports, advertising, social media accounts, websites.
The creative designer must be a self-starter, work well under pressure, and must have the essential skills in marketing, graphics and typography; must have an innate creative sense, and confidence in their abilities and computer skills; expected to keep up to date with the latest trends in the industry; ability to present and explain ideas to colleagues is an asset.
- Manage and create digital assets
- Handle all facets of the Identity, including logo, stationery, signage
- Design infographics
- Create high-quality graphics for our various projects, books & journals and marketing and communications for presentations and events
- Assist stakeholders with proposals
- Prepare files and graphics for websites and social media
- Update corporate website regularly (homepage, visuals, product updates, news posts)
- Assist with website design concepts
- Assist front-end developers with design assets
- Conduct photo research and photo editing as necessary
- Contribute to brainstorming activities with the team
- Perform graphic design duties as needed for various in-house design tasks
- Follow art direction and brand guidelines
Looking for an eager creative marketing candidate with job experience in content writing and an experienced designer. A passionate role multi-tasker.
For Creative Marketing:
- Skilled at writing engaging and succinct content, with a talent for being able to condense long-form text into to the point and easy to understand the language
- Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce compelling marketing communications
- Solution-oriented & resourceful, including an ability to use the Internet to research solutions
- Email marketing campaigns experience
- Willingness to learn with a ?can-do? attitude
- An ability to execute and follow-through
- Team player used to work autonomously with the ability to drive its own initiatives in fast-paced environments
For Creative Designer:
Expertise in adapting design ideas across multiple platforms (print and digital)
Excellent proficiency in Graphic Software programs (Adobe Suite including Indesign, Illustrator, Sketch, Photoshop, XD, Light-room, and Office)
- A strong portfolio showing different types of digital and print work
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Ability to understand the brand visually and convey that in all aspects of the work
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, in order of priority and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to produce high-quality work with short notice and under timelines
Please include your resume with samples or links to your portfolio,
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted candidates.