Job Requisition Id: 89870
Business Function: Sales
Primary City: Toronto
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: MGTSSA2
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 01/17/2021
The Specialist, Smartmail Marketing Sales Solutions role is responsible for the Corporation's larger Enterprise, strategic and important customers. They have full accountability for the Direct Marketing (DM) budget and growth requirements as well as joint accountability for delivery of the overall account budget (base revenue) and growth expectations. Works to influence and partner with external influencers such as Media Agencies, Advertising Agencies and Print and preparation partners. Ensures that Canada Post's solutions, products and services are considered and included in the development of the customer's marketing media and advertising spend at the same time as decisions on their whole media mix (e.g.: print, broadcast, radio & digital). Creates, develops, and closes all marketing opportunities, while providing solutions that leverage Canada Post's products and services.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Specialist, Smartmail Marketing Sales Solutions.
- Strategically plans and manages the DM line-of-business, with a strong focus on new business development and growth within their assigned customer base. Facilitates and participates in joint strategic planning with customers to share short and long-term advertising goals and direction. Manages according to an agreed market development strategy and assigned sales quota plans.
- Establishes credibility with customer's executive and key influencers across the client's internal and external organization through the assessment and recommendation of marketing and communication technologies and advertising solutions.
- Ensures growth in revenue from SMM sales by managing strategic relationships with customers and influencers across their organizations, ensuring that Canada Post's SMM products and services meet their business needs
- Gains an in-depth, thorough understanding of the customers business needs and provides advice, consultation and recommendations to customers' senior management regarding SMM solutions that address their advertising or business requirements.
- Develops and employs appropriate competitive sales strategies, and continually modifies these strategies to meet changing business, industry, and customer circumstances.
- Conducts customer and industry education sessions on the potential for SMM within organizations and provides thought leadership and regular updates for key influencers to keep them current on the changing advertising and media marketplace.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
- Maintains and grows existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and extensive multi-level internal liaison, to optimize opportunities, quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Leads the negotiation, creation, execution, and renewal of customer contracts. Ensures customer satisfaction is met or exceeded as it relates to the customers expectation of Canada Post.
- Secures corporate resources to support sales plans and achieve SMM growth objectives. Implements competitive displacement strategies by capitalizing on advertising industry knowledge, experience and relationships and professionally leveraging that with the customer leadership base.
- Supports Canada Post's marketing and product departments, and management through their insight and experience with the development of new products, promotion strategies, and activities for SMM.
- While primarily accountable for delivery of required the growth and budget for their specific LOB, this role also has secondary accountability to ensure that the overall budget for the account(s) they are assigned is achieved
- Expands their network of contacts and influencers at all levels and across departments within the customer organization. When appropriate, briefs and involves Canada Post's Executives in the account at a peer-to-peer senior level.
- Acts as the technical resource for media and direct marketing to their customers and industry, using their strategic capabilities and experience.
- Degree in Administration/Commerce/Marketing OR equivalent education and/or experience with a minimum of 5
- 10 years of significant and relevant sales/consulting experience in marketing or media (particularly print).
- Experience leading large, strategic projects involving cross functional groups (project management skills would be a strong asset)
Other Candidate Requirements
- A passion for media sales and marketing and a demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development.
- Demonstrated ability in sales closure in a highly competitive industry. Strong understanding of and presence with customer direct and agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more of the following: Media buying and planning, Direct marketing, Product Development and Implementation, Advertising
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and effectively communicate complex concepts to clients at various organizational levels using both written and verbal methods.
- Outstanding consultative selling, analytical skills, and business acumen with demonstrated knowledge of business fundamentals including finance, marketing, business, planning and communication.
- Extensive knowledge of competitive marketing and advertising industry trends, SMM issues and technologies.
- The ability to influence and persuade others and present detailed concepts both verbally and in writing to stakeholders at all levels including the ?C
- Maintain relevant skills, knowledge, and certifications as applicable
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent presentation and storytelling skills
- Excellent decision-making and ability to plan and organize in a self-directed environment.
- Valid Driver's license.
Multiple positions, Indeterminate and Term positions, Possibility of extension or permanency, Eligibility list to be created for a period of twelve (12) months.
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
- A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
- An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
- A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
- A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
- A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post's corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
- We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer - We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity - We act responsibly and with integrity.
- We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety - We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.