Rakuten Rewards Canada is seeking for a Product & Graphic Designer, who is a highly motivated creative individual that thinks outside of the box. You will be working closely with the Product Manager and a team of developers to ensure that our products are accessible, intuitive, and usable for all our members. In addition, during high-peak seasons, you will also be supporting our team of graphic designers in the delivery of a range of materials, including web, email, and print.
This role requires a well-rounded individual with strong visual and problem-solving abilities, and experience in crafting delightful, useful, and efficient experiences using design thinking and research. In addition, a sharp eye in composition, layout, typography, photography, and exceptional attention to detail are also required. We are a fast-paced environment and thrive on agility.
- Design and lead the UI construction for new and current product features through concept generation, prototyping, and working with the Product Manager to identify user research needs and conduct usability tests across App, Website, and Browser Extension
- Ability to develop user flows, wireframes, and mocks into full-fidelity prototypes with ease
- Collaborate closely with team of developers to get technical business needs met while ensuring that user experience is not compromised
- Support production work for weekly Marketing promotions and ad-hoc campaigns, including web, print, and email during high-peak periods
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative design process with easy-to-read documentation
- Accountable for upholding design accuracy and consistency, while adhering to brand guidelines and design systems
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 3+ years of experience working in a design studio or in-house environment
- Possess a strong portfolio of work examples that demonstrate ideas from conception to final product with excellent use of composition, layout, typography, and imagery
- High proficiency in UI tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign or similar
- Strong cross-platform design skills (ie. web, video, print)
- Experience in Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro or motion graphics an asset, but not required
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and rise to creative challenges
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Demonstrates a passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Knowledge of building and working with design systems a plus
- Is French bilingual (an asset, not required).
- Highly collaborative, and goes the extra mile to QA/proofread/review own
- team members' work
- Bachelors degree in graphic design or visual media
- UX/UI design certificate(s) a plus
- 3 years interactive/product design
RAKUTEN SHUGI PRINCIPLES
- Our worldwide practices describe specific behaviors that make Rakuten unique and united across the world. We expect Rakuten employees to model these 5 Shugi Principles of Success.
- Always improve, always advance. Only be satisfied with complete success
- Be passionately professional. Take an uncompromising approach to your work and be determined to be the best.
- Shikumika. Use the Rakuten Cycle to success in unknown territory.
- Maximize Customer Satisfaction. The greatest satisfaction for workers in a service industry is to see their customers smile.
- Speed!! Speed!! Speed!! Always be conscious of time. Take charge, set clear goals, and engage your