Wanted: Designer to help us tell our story through captivating visuals
- A company with a long local history (95 years to be exact): if you've been to Gastown, you've seen our work. The curvy lamp standards with historic flair came from our foundry!
- Focused on creating places people want to be. From our beautifully designed bollards to our traffic management lines, we're committed to uniting function and form.
- An employer that invests in our employees. Our people are our greatest assets.
- A diverse, welcoming bunch. Though we often pop earbuds in and listen to music while we work, we come up for air to celebrate personal and company successes together. (The warehouse is a perfect place for our legendary ping-pong tournaments...)
- An awesome company that offers so much more. Check out our website at reliance-foundry.com to learn more about us!
- A motivated and eager beaver is what we require as you'll be working closely with the sales team and online tools such as CrazyEgg to have a good understanding of how our customers use our website.
- Our website needs to be a place people want to be & we'll need your creativity to make it beautiful and functional, just like our products!
- A graphic designer must always have solid communication and organization skills; you'll manage a list of upcoming products and sales to unique locations. Coordinating photoshoots both on-site (studio shots) and off-site through contract photographers.
- We'll need your expertise on unique and aesthetically pleasing ideas on design as you'll be editing photos for the website and print.
- Your dynamic personality and ability to come up with various designs will come in handy as you'll be designing online and print marketing collaterals such as brochures, flyers, social media content, etc.
- Ability to create and deliver beautiful visuals, but also remain within Reliance's brand
- Experienced in designing for web and print
- Tech savvy of course; Knowledgeable in both UX and UI
- Excited, proactive, can-do attitude
- This one's a biggie; open minded and willing to take constructive feedback and work with non-designers to come up with a final product
- Organized and able to juggle numerous projects and deadlines
- Diploma or certificate in graphic design or related discipline
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, Light Room, and InDesign, with demonstrated design and creative ability
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, as well as be independently motivated and focused
- Ability to use a DSLR camera and related equipment
- 2+ years of experience working in a graphic designer role, or freelancing
- Experience in commercial photography and photo editing
Why should you apply?
- Part-time position (1-2 days/week) with a competitive benefits package, and salary structure.
- This position could grow into a full-time permanent role.
- Reliance Foundry celebrates successes with fun company gatherings, luncheons, and other perks!
- We believe in an environment that encourages a positive, and high-performance work environment with flexible hours.
Please submit resumes via email complete with personal cover letter and wage requirements to:
Smita Dass, HR Manager
Reliance Foundry Co. Ltd.
Surrey, BC, Canada
- No telephone inquiries or agencies, please.
- Applications will be assessed to determine a short list of candidates to be interviewed. We appreciate all interest, but only qualified candidates will receive responses.