This posting is for 1 temporary full-time position for up to 12 months
Seeking a highly organized, multi-tasking digital media guru to join our team-a large operational department that leads winter maintenance, road construction and agriculturally-focused programs for the County.
From managing all of the department's digital assets to creating engaging social media campaigns and keeping our web content up to date, the Graphic Design and Digital Media Specialist creates high quality multi-media materials, while ensuring Strathcona County visual and design guidelines are met. This position supports the Communications Specialist and works with several internal clients to provide digital media expertise to help meet the goals of resident-focused programs and strategic projects.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to brainstorm, design and produce multi-media promotional, educational and event materials to support department programs and services
- Gather, edit and create information for the website and intranet; utilize website features to optimize linkages and accessibility for residents through the web navigation
- Manage a variety of digital media tools for the department, including social media posts, photography, video files, e-newsletters and online surveys
- Support the Communications Specialist in exploring and monitoring social media opportunities that align with department goals
- Photography and photo/video editing
- Coordinate department advertising
- Coordinate tracking and reporting of communications success measures in support of the department communications plans
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative ability with knowledge of layout, graphic design and application to web-based materials
- Strong knowledge of commercial printing industry and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Knowledge of graphic design and digital media industry trends, developments and opportunities
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative, motivation and creativity
- Excellent planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and department requests concurrently, within tight timelines
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment with the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Willing to adapt and learn new skills as necessary
- Post-secondary diploma in Graphic or Web Design, Communications, Marketing, or related field, with a minimum of two years' related experience in a graphic design role; equivalencies of education and experience may be considered
- Related experience in the public sector is an asset
- High proficiency in computer literacy with experience in Adobe Creative Suite, web content management systems, social media and Microsoft Office
- Experience with SharePoint would be an asset
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms is required
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
Competition #002-2021-EXT-TAS closes January 17, 2021
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.