If you are a rock star that bleeds social media marketing, can write and edit copy like no other and have a minimum of 2 years experience then we are looking for you!
We are hunting for a new member of our team that is ready to work with multiple brands in the social media marketing space. Freelancers are welcome. Agency owners need not apply.
Must-haves include: creative thinking, strong communication skills with stellar writing and proofing abilities, great organizational skills, and Photoshop knowledge. Sound like you? Keep reading.
To find the best, our hiring process involves three steps:
- Completion of a Pre-Interview Questionnaire. Yes, we have a few questions for you to start things off.
- Candidates that demonstrate great potential will be provided with the opportunity to write a few sample posts. This exercise will give you a great idea of the type of work you could be doing for us and it gives us the chance to see if you can walk the walk.
- Candidates are then scheduled for a video conference interview. We will discuss the work environment, elaborate on the role and day to day tasks and discuss real-world scenarios and how you would manage them.
We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running, take base direction and fill in the blanks. This person must be self-sufficient while being a team player! We have a great team with high standards and we nurture a culture of learning and support with each other as well as our clients. We also work with each member on our team to develop their unique career path, so there is always room to move up and develop your career!
The successful candidate will oversee social media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, content creation (copy and graphics), task execution, engaging with the community on behalf of clients, monitoring and reporting, podcast management, blog management, newsletter management, and analytics. Knowledge of SEO best practices is also helpful as it correlates to what we do in the social marketing space.
The role will initially be a part-time sub-contractor position with the goal of increasing your hours. As our client/project workload increases, we look to move sub-contractors into full-time positions. You may remain a sub-contractor with full-time hours or move to salaried, full-time work, depending on your career goals. Although general work hours are 9 am to 6 pm Eastern, Monday to Friday, client requests, monitoring and action may occur outside those times from time to time, as this role is a 24/7 responsibility. Anything can happen at any time online!
- Create a social media strategy that collaborates with each client's marketing, PR and advertising campaigns, research top influencers, competitors, and trends in the client's industry.
- Create timely and engaging content optimized for each specific platform and intended audience.
- Monitor sites for customer service opportunities and initiate conversations on behalf of the client.
- Be solutions-oriented and bring a positive attitude to the team and the client. You don't always work directly with the client but since most of our communication is electronic, you need to be aware of how you present yourself, even in written communication.
- Analyze and report social media task completion on a weekly/bi-monthly/monthly basis to highlight successes and bring to light new opportunities.
- Create engaging and professional visuals that reflect your client and their brand (Customize social media pages, blog graphics, etc).
- Create, edit, proof and publish engaging blog posts and newsletters.
- Stay current with social media trends and tools
- includes reading blogs and listening to podcasts/webinars. Lisa often provides access to new online training.
- Continue to refine and define our social marketing process.
- Work within the team to develop team documents, processes and procedures
- we are a growing company!
- Clientele industries include: Business Coaching, Authors, Retail, Hospitality, Real Estate, and Counseling.
- Experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
- Knowledge of social media and analytics software (Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.).
- Excellent design skills (must have great taste!) and a basic understanding of Photoshop.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems, comfortable troubleshooting technical issues and finding solutions.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic content creation and excellent editing skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook and LinkedIn is a bonus.
- Our goal is to find great talent to join our team. We are open to candidates who can work efficiently and virtually from anywhere within Canada.
- Starting hourly rate: $17-$20 depending on experience.
The Lisa Larter Group / LisaLarter.com
Integrating modern marketing with effective business strategy to capture leads and revenue growth opportunities.