Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you're searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment-Spin welcomes you!
We're passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people's lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with "fireside chats" chats led by our company's founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
We are looking for a 3-6 month contractor to be responsible for strategy and execution of our communications, PR and public affairs activities in Canada. This position will be responsible for writing, producing, and scheduling content on Spin's owned channels (incl video, photo, blog), corresponding with local and national journalists about Spin's policy stances, and developing campaigns around safety, infrastructure, equity, and sustainability initiatives. This individual will be a key stakeholder in shaping the narrative that is communicated to cities, campuses, and the general public in Canada. The role will work closely with the Brand & Communications Team in the U.S., Country Manager in Canada and Government Partnerships Manager in Canada.
- Existing relationships with Canadian media and industry stakeholders
- Support internal teams in opening new markets in Canada
- Manage proactive communications campaigns and reactive media issues management
- Regular collaboration with corporate communications and public policy colleagues in the US, including parent company, Ford
- Write news releases; pitch and secure Tier 1 media opportunities
- Liaise with Canadian teams at parent company and leverage joint PR opportunities
- There may be a need for 10% travel
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable acting as a company spokesperson with on-the-record media experience
- Ability to deliver results and exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Strategic thinker, driven, ambitious
- Experience in and a good understanding of mobility tech space
- Experience project managing and collaborating with PR agency or teams in a cross-functional, international and multicultural work environment
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Savvy crisis management abilities