As the world's number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
This is an unionized position.
- Assesses the requirements of the job.
- Ensures stock availability as scheduled.
- Completes the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; souring of additional products; and generating sales orders.
- He/she is also responsible for preparing small order quotes on urgent contracting jobs.
- Offers product knowledge to customers.
- Performs necessary product research in catalogues and on internet.
- Offers alternative stock or non-stock items depending on specifications.
- Processes orders to completion and verifies with a generated computer ticket to ensure acceptance of the order.
- Confirms details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates.
- Verifies all items are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information off the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
- Notifies Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
- Overtime as required.
- A minimum of two (2) years or more related experience in the industry
- A valid driver's license with a clean driver abstract is required.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.