Want to join the fastest growing group of companies in the Agriculture business, we have an exciting opportunity available.
Marketing Lead / Graphic Designer
WestGen, Western Canada's leading dairy genetics company, located in Abbotsford, BC, is currently looking for a Marketing Lead / Graphic Designer to provide leadership in the creation and execution of the group of companies' evolving marketing plan. Included are all communications, advertising, branding, positioning and promotions to effectively elevate WestGen, Proventus, Agwest Veterinary Group, Bow Valley Genetics, Boviteq West and Cryogen's image in the marketplace.
- Advertising and Communications creation
- Communication and delivery of company marketing objectives
- Manage updates to the company websites and social media presence
- Extensive knowledge of marketing and communications principles.
- Provide advertising support
- Monitor marketing initiatives on a monthly basis to ensure activities undertaken match the budget of the project and help achieve company goals
- Manage internal and external resources to ensure that campaigns are executed accurately, effectively and within budget
- Remain current on the industry and general marketing knowledge
- Use research information and available market data to identify business opportunities, monitor performance in the market for our companies and its competitors.
- Strong computer skills: Proficiency with MS Office, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator or other graphic design software
- Understanding of business and market development principles within a small/medium sized business
- Motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Someone who is goal-oriented and performance-driven
- Someone who exhibits persistence, demonstrating a tenacity and willingness to go the distance
- Someone who is adaptable and adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Effective communicator
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong selling skills backed by a track record of results and references
- Must be able to multitask and manage time independently
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually as well as part of cross-functional teams
- Ability to work proficiently with other departments, taking a leadership role as required.
- While experience in Agriculture and the Dairy industry would be a benefit it is not a requirement
This position reports to the Marketing Manager. If you are interested in joining the WestGen team, please send a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.