WHO WE ARE:
Ricki's...Fashion That Works!
Established in 1939, with more than 130 locations across Canada, Ricki's is the destination for fashionable and versatile workwear. Ricki's caters to the younger working woman whose lifestyle demands versatility in her wardrobe and who desires a fun, easy to shop environment. She expects put together looks which translate fashion trends in ways that are current and appropriate for her lifestyle. We carry everything from suiting options to great mix and match pieces, jeans, tees, and more. And by offering great fashion in sizes 0-18 and pants in multiple lengths, we're sure to find your perfect fit!
Prefer to shop online? Our online store offers specialty lines like our long 34"and extra long 36" inseam pants, as well as the hottest trends in casual wear and web exclusives!
Passion - believes in our brand, loves fashion
Drive Results- deliver results through motivation, inspiration and accountability
- trust, integrity, respect, fosters collaboration, initiative
End Poverty in Women
- believe in the power of women, community involvement
The Career Opportunity:
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join Ricki's Home Office located in Winnipeg.
The Graphic Designer is primarily responsible creating digital assets such as creative content for rickis.com, social media graphics, the creation and coding of emails, as well as assisting with the creation and production of print assets. You will have a fresh eye for clean design that is complementary to our existing brand look & feel, as well as possess user interface design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into effective and practical digital resources. You will have familiarity with front-end web development in order to maintain and update our website. Through collaboration with the Senior Marketing Manager, the Creative & Design Manager, and others
- and with an understanding of our customer and the changing needs of the business
- our graphic designers contribute to the branded look & feel and the effectiveness of content in driving traffic, engagement, and sales. You will establish and maintain ongoing relationships with internal partners, cross divisional peers, and external suppliers as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Highly creative, organized thinker who can thrive in a fast pace environment, working within a team based setting while managing multiple projects and deadlines. Excellent graphic design capabilities as well as communication skills, attention to detail, and can-do attitude. Proficient in design programs and Mac environments.
- Learns how to develop insights and connect the learning into future business plans.
- Effective at reporting/presenting business to others.
- Proficient at understanding financial reports.
- Demonstrates initiative, agility, and willingness to do what is right.
- Utilizes technology when necessary to increase productivity and departmental efficiencies
- Positively impacts and influences others.
- Open to feedback, actively listens and values differences.
- Communicates and collaborates well in cross-functional teams; active contributor.
- Owns personal development plan using available resources to improve knowledge and skills.
- Takes responsibility and ownerships over successes and mistakes.
- Builds trust with others through own authenticity and follow-through on commitments.
- Build strong cross-functional partnership for a seamless end to end process.
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed of the department's pace by communicating all significant problems and concerns relating to own areas of job responsibilities as well as broader issues that may arise from time to time.
- Contributes to the team effort by completing other related duties as may be required.
Great Graphic Design
- Develops & executes creative content for platforms that may include our website, email marketing, store signage, social media graphics, and more
- building off collaboration with team members on seasonal look & feel for our brand.
- Upholds the brand experience and ensures messaging is consistent with in store experience and email marketing, and supports our 360 customer communication objective.
- Contributes to content planning in collaboration with the Manager and executes according to schedule.
- Presenting design solutions for discussion and implementation.
- Assisting in the delivery of major institutional communications and marketing initiatives including; advertising for print, in store and online, and other related marketing collateral as required.
- Working to ensure consistency of key design elements to maintain an integrated look and feel throughout brand communications materials
- Appling visual brand standards across all projects.
- Understands and plans for incorporating messaging for key business drivers & promotions into creative work.
- Utilizes technology to offer continuous improvement and efficiencies in order to maximize departmental productivity.
- Actively solicits feedback on creative content and regularly offers feedback on the work of others.
- Conceptualizing, designing, and coding HTML-based email campaigns and associated graphic assets, as well as additional HTML/CSS projects.
- Proactively communicates with team members and internal partners (including peers in other divisions) to accelerate learning, share best practices, adopt/share templates, and grow expertise.
- Prioritizes professional development
- looks for ways to improve the customer experience, participates in reading and active listening (especially in the areas of time management, creativity, and best practices & innovations in retail marketing), stays on top of design trends and what our competition is doing.
Please include work samples
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ricki's is an equal opportunity employer. If chosen to participate in the selection process, accommodations are available upon request. We will consult with the applicant to provide or arrange suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs.