New Flyer, a subsidiary of NFI Group, is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader, offering the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE? brands, as well as infrastructure support through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions?, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. For 90 years, New Flyer has led the innovation of mass mobility and today supports growing North American cities with scalable clean mobility solutions with sustainable buses, technology, and infrastructure. It also operates the Vehicle Innovation Center, the first and only innovation lab of its kind dedicated to advancing bus and coach technology and providing workforce development on electric bus training, now available online. Together, our team actively supports over 35,000 heavy-duty transit buses currently in service, of which 8,600 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,900 are zero-emission. For more information, visit www.newflyer.com.
As a Marketing Specialist you will provide leadership, coordination, and execution of 1) Digital Event Execution, 2) Vehicle Innovation Center (VIC) Marketing, Content, and Event Planning, 3) Customer Experience & Brand Execution, and 4) Impactful Internal & External Communications. This position will facilitate exceptional customer experiences with the New Flyer and MCI brands and support stakeholder engagement (customers, suppliers, employees, investors, the community) through impactful marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Digital Event Execution
- Strategize, plan and execute all aspects of internal/external digital events supporting the public sector.
- Maintain and communicate ongoing result metrics (qualitative/quantitative).
VIC Marketing, Content, and Event Planning
- Lead Vehicle Innovation Center (VIC) programming, events, and marketing content development.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop and maintain relationships.
- Lead quarterly e-newsletter and ongoing VIC communications.
Customer Experience & Brand Execution
- Relentlessly drive brand consistency of the New Flyer and MCI brands serving the public sector.
- Promote our mobility solutions (buses and coaches, technology, and infrastructure) at every opportunity.
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer experience through brand touchpoints.
Impactful Internal & External Communications
- Support internal / external communications through exceptional written/verbal storytelling.
- Draft press releases and support website / social content development and monitoring.
- Support development of government relations / public affairs materials.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with strong storytelling ability.
- Understanding of communication nuances with, to, and between a variety of teams/stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency with digital platforms (ex. meeting software, social media, and website platforms).
- Detail oriented and highly organized approach, with ability to plan, host and execute digital events.
- Self-motivation to perform in a work from home environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) considered an asset but not required.
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or a related discipline preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
Leveraging 450 years of combined experience, NFI is leading the electrification of mass mobility around the world. With zero-emission buses and coaches, infrastructure, and technology, NFI meets today's urban demands for scalable smart mobility solutions. Together, NFI is enabling more livable cities through connected, clean, and sustainable transportation.
With 8,000 team members in ten countries, NFI is a leading global bus manufacturer of mass mobility solutions under the brands New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), MCI® (motor coaches), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts?. NFI currently offers the widest range of sustainable drive systems available, including zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell), natural gas, electric hybrid, and clean diesel. In total, NFI supports its installed base of over 105,000 buses and coaches around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, and www.nfi.parts.