About Backup Radar
We're looking for brilliant thinkers to join our team. If you've ever wondered what it's like to work in a place where people enjoy coming to work and where talent is more important than title, then keep reading.
Backup Radar is a market-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) with global offices in Vancouver, BC, and Covington, LA.
Our success is no accident: We allow IT pros to monitor their backup data to save time and prevent backup issues. Our customers report impressive efficiency gains
- we make their businesses more profitable. That compelling value is why we've organically developed a global following, frequently landing ourselves in the conversations at every IT industry event.
We care deeply about productivity, both for our users and our in-house teammates. Our products and internal tools require innovation and creativity to create an excellent user experience and to increase product velocity. Best of all, there will be opportunities for growth within the company as you gain experience. This includes identifying strategic improvements to our process and working closely with internal stakeholders to improve our product vision, roadmap, and key results. Finally, you'll learn how a modern (and highly revered) SaaS company operates and begin to make a real impact on the future of our partners and our organization.
Backup Radar is looking for a seasoned marketing executive to head up the growth of our marketing team, focused primarily on three channels: inbound marketing, content marketing and event marketing. As the Director, Marketing you'll manage Backup Radar's marketing budget, driving cross-departmental collaboration to ultimately help the company achieve its growth objectives.
We are looking for candidates who are: Innovative, staying open to new ideas and possessing a desire to understand difficult concepts. Curious, always learning and seeking ways to make things better. Creative, continually inspiring your team with new ideas and concepts. Adaptable, able to handle issues and problem solve throughout marketing campaigns. Humble, you lead and coach your team with humility and empathy, respecting, and continually learning from others.
- Designing, implementing, executing, and analyzing growth strategies to deliver continuous improvement to growth KPIs
- Identifying, evaluating, and managing target markets, geographies, and strategic partnerships
- Negotiating and leading co-marketing partnership relationships, objectives, and plans
- Leading the development, implementation, and execution of the marketing plan and budget, with input from CEO and sales and product leadership
- Reporting on marketing program ROI, illuminating highest performing marketing channels and opportunities to optimize performance
- Championing the Backup Radar brand and message, collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure product, messaging, and customer experience alignment
- Collaborating & leading internal teams on inbound marketing, content marketing, customer communication, and event marketing initiatives
- Assist in recruiting, training, and mentoring marketing team members
- 10+ years' marketing experience, in SaaS or software
- Demonstrated experience and results in demand generation
- 3+ years of leadership experience with people and projects, and a strong ability to work with internal teams to ensure positive partner experiences
- Prior experience in developing strategic marketing plans and budgets
- Analytical strengths, with skills in forecasting, reporting, analyzing key marketing analytics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Post-secondary education in Marketing or related area
- Working at Top Down Campus, a collaborative work environment with cross-functional teams, amongst multiple, rapid-growth SaaS companies at varying stages of growth
- Mentorship from industry veterans with a 100% track record of industry success in funding and scaling software companies creates endless career opportunities
- Training and professional development budget provided to help advance your career and skills (available every year to every employee)
- World-class offices and facilities in downtown Vancouver's most exclusive business neighborhood with beautiful ocean/mountain views
- Fully stocked bar, organic local coffee, snacks, food, and a world-class gym
- Brand new, top-of-the-line height-adjustable desks, workstations, hardware, and equipment provide a comfortable working environment
- Monthly public transportation subsidy available to all employees, plus a top benefits package including 100% extended health and dental
Join The Team
We invite all qualified candidates to apply. Please note, you must be eligible to work in the country to be considered for this role and priority will be given to local applicants. We thank everyone for their interest, however, only successful applicants will be contacted.
No recruiters or phone calls, please.