Small Group Business Representative (11-Month Term)
599 Empress St, Winnipeg, MB R3G 3P3, Canada Req #89
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Manitoba Blue Cross was born out of a desire to protect our fellow Manitobans during life's most unexpected and sometimes challenging moments. This remains our driving force today, and fuels our ongoing commitment to providing superior health and wellness benefits that are delivered with compassion and excellence in service.
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support and strengthen our community.
Small Group Sales Representative
Full Time, 11 month Term
Manager, Products & Individual Distribution
Do you have a sales background, are you currently working in sales and know what it takes to make it in the sales field? Then this may be the opportunity you were waiting for! As one of Manitoba's Top Employers for 2020, Manitoba Blue Cross is looking for an energetic and self-motivated professional to join our growing company. This newly created role is in addition to our existing team and will assist with our company growth.
Do you like to get out of the office and travel? If so, this position may be for you as travel within Manitoba is required. This entry level sales position promotes and sells all small group product lines to groups of 20 or less. The successful candidate will maximize sales opportunities by using various distribution methods and will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing our existing ?Colour of Caring? relationships with clients and advisors.
Manitoba Blue Cross is an independent, not-for-profit organization that puts people and service first. We are looking to recruit an individual who shares our values. The successful candidate will also bring an aptitude for initiative while supporting a collective team-based environment. Our sales team is diverse, collaborative and fun.
This position works Monday
- Friday, receiving a competitive base salary plus eligibility for a commission and incentive program, benefits, pension, vacation, a flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance, and an opportunity to work with a supportive team to enhance your professional development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sells new small group plans through direct prospecting and select independent advisors, including:
- identifying prospective small group clients;
- sales calling on prospective small group clients;
- analyzing prospects' needs and preparing proposals;
- presenting proposals to the client or prospect;
- Actively sells Life, Disability, Health and Dental plans to new and existing small group clients.
- Maintains records as required on all small groups.
- Take a lead role in ensuring the success of advertising and marketing campaigns.
- Assists the Manager, Products and Individual Distribution
- Ensures Manitoba Blue Cross is aware of its position in the marketplace at all times.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Dedicated to the principles of exceptional service; committed to responding to, anticipating and addressing customer needs, for both internal and external customers.
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably in Business or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must obtain and maintain a Manitoba Life Full Life License (LLQP) under new licensing requirements.
- Must be a self-starting, sales-minded individual that is prepared to prospect for new clients, using various lead-generating methods and tools.
- A willingness to enroll in industry educational courses and attend industry related conferences and seminars as required.
- Must demonstrate strong skills in verbal and written communications, as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and excellence in sales ability and presentation skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of office productivity tools, including Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
- A good working knowledge of underwriting will be an asset.
We offer competitive salary, modified benefits, a flex work schedule, and a health and wellness program with an on-site fitness centre. We are committed to creating a rewarding environment to foster learning and development for our staff. If you are interested in joining our team, please forward a resume and cover letter, indicating salary expectations, by January 27.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to reviewing your application.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability and conviction for an offence for which a pardon has been granted or in respect of which a record suspension has been ordered.
Only those being considered for the selection process will be contacted.