Come build the future with us! What unites all Amazonians (across teams and geographies) is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier-whoever that customer may be. In pursuit of delighting customers, Amazonians have developed many products and services that have transformed the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses. Together we are building the future, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are seeking a dynamic and accomplished marketing manager to develop the regional marketing plan for International Expansion (IX)
- specifically Brazil and the Spanish-language market in the US
- and then execute against it. The regional marketing team is responsible for diving deep into specific geographic regions (Americas, Europe, APAC, and emerging markets), understanding the customer segment and business needs, and marketplace dynamics. They work with the central brand marketing team to build and scale brand campaigns and narratives, tell compelling local stories, and test and learn innovative marketing initiatives. This person will be responsible for the marketing plan in partnership with our managed service advertisers in IX, working with the brand and events marketing team, and in partnership with the IX sales leadership team. This role will own the local brand content roadmap, support go-to-market efforts, and will own content localization needs and quality assurance. This person will develop marketing collateral, fully owning creation, review, approval, and adoption in the content release process. The role will plug into HQ processes for stakeholder management in-region, as well as report out via mechanisms for measurement and feedback into the corporate marketing team.
This is a complex role, requiring clear goal setting and prioritization, stakeholder management and communication, and measuring success for the regional marketing program. Day-to-day activities will change constantly as our business grows and this person can expect to establish programs that impact thousands of advertisers. Being flexible and comfortable with ambiguity will be required for success. The ideal candidate is able to conduct her/himself autonomously, successfully manage stakeholders, and effectively communicate and foster strong relationships with the team.
Specific functions are as follows:
- Work cross-functionally with the central marketing team, product, sales, insights and analysts, legal, and PR to deliver accurate positioning and storytelling of our products and solutions for IX
- Localize global brand marketing campaigns and content (emails, research, web content) for advertisers and media agencies audiences in IX
- Continually raise the bar on development of compelling, data-driven storytelling with a customer focus
- Develop advertiser playbooks, case studies, research and vertical content programs for the IX sales team; create marketing plans to drive adoption for new materials through marketing channels
- Support the global events team with content creation for industry and Amazon Advertising events in IX
- Identify and secure speaking opportunities at selected industry events in IX (in collaboration with the events team) to increase awareness for Amazon Advertising in-region, and discover new ways to leverage industry memberships
- Identify marketing channels to effectively communicate with our advertising customers at scale
- Create mechanisms and operating procedures for sales communications in locale
- Ability to identify local stakeholder needs, implement prioritization; ensure regular communications and marketing business reviews to measure the effectiveness of local marketing programs
- Own alignment with IX leadership on prioritized marketing roadmap and goals Preferred Qualifications
- Proven skills in building strong team culture
- Digital advertising and advertising technology experience
- SQL skills
- 5+ years' experience in product marketing and/or brand and content marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to create compelling sales collateral and marketing material, and review and provide constructive feedback to improve content for the IX sales team
- Strong bias for data-driven decision-making and experience in distilling complex, analytically dense products into client-facing solutions
- Experience working cross-functionally across Sales, Product Management, Marketing, PR, Legal, and Research
- Ability to identify better ways of working at scale through building new mechanisms and processes
- Ability to prioritize effectively and focus on defined goals
- MS Office skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.