Samfiru Tumarkin LLP is a unique and highly respected boutique law firm that specializes in labour and employment law, as well as personal injury and insurance litigation, in Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta. With offices in downtown Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver and Calgary, we pride ourselves on our dedication to educating Canadians on their legal rights and producing strong results for our clients. We are one of the most innovative law firms in Canada, and consistently set the benchmark on marketing in the legal industry.
We are looking for a full-time Content Marketing Specialist that wants to join our fun, fast-paced and hardworking marketing team. This is an exciting chance to work in a supportive and professional environment and assist in the development of a myriad of content across a variety of mediums.
It is preferred that the candidate have at least five years of experience in a content marketing role. The Content Marketing Specialist reports to the Marketing and Media Relations Manager, and also receives work assignments and supervision from the Marketing and IT Services Coordinator. This role will be undertaken remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The individual's responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist with development and maintenance of content strategy including digital articles, videos, podcasts, social media across various channels;
- Creating, uploading, updating and optimizing content for firm websites on an ongoing basis;
- Edit audio and video files;
- Assist with development, launch, and maintenance of new marketing campaigns and strategies (includes radio, television, digital, video, websites, email, SEO, SEM, online advertising, and social media);
- Routinely monitor and measure content performances to provide reports, recommendations and to identify new opportunities;
- Provide support to other members of the marketing team;
- Work closely with the firm's legal representatives to generate content across various regions;
- Stay current on latest digital and marketing trends and best practices, platforms, software, tools and present them to the marketing team;
- Attend staff seminars and social events, potentially outside of standard business hours if required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education or diploma, with a focus on communications, journalism, marketing or law is preferred;
- A minimum of five years' experience in content marketing;
- Experience in legal marketing (Ontario, BC and/or Alberta) and knowledge of best practices is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with general marketing systems and software (CRM, Marketing platforms)
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress preferred), YouTube Creator Studio, audio management and editing software, and content management tools (Ahrefs)
- Understanding of social media (Twitter, Facebook) and social media platforms;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills;
- Strong organization skills; and
- Ability to adapt quickly to and work with all members of the firm.
Samfiru Tumarkin LLP is currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. The firm and its employees will return to the office at a future date in some form. As a requirement for remote working, you will need:
- A personal computer, whether Windows- or Mac-based;
- A phone; and
- A home internet connection.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Ryan Bonnar, Marketing and Media Relations Manager (via Isarta) by January 21, 2021.
Samfiru Tumarkin LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. (No phone calls please.)
Job Type: Full-time