Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Senior Associate/Manager, Industry Affairs
- Public Affairs and Communications (PAC)
will be based in Toronto and report to the Director, Industry & Stakeholder Affairs. The individual in the role will be responsible for leading the CPP Investments' Industry Affairs function, primarily assessing and searching for appropriate global speaking engagements for the senior management team. Other responsibilities include managing global corporate memberships and sponsorships, as well as overseeing proper implementation of the Industry Affairs protocol.
The role requires strong communication skills, both orally and in writing; the ability to quickly learn about organizational priorities, policies, procedures and leaders; exceptional organizational skills; the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues in other parts of the organization and peers at other organizations, and a high comfort level with multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Global speaking engagements for senior executives
- Identify and secure high-profile global speaking engagements on topics of relevance to the organization;
- Provide in-depth assessments and recommendations for senior executives on global events and conferences; support executives with the preparation of briefing materials.
- Track and review employee public speaking engagements.
Corporate Memberships & Sponsorships
- Monitor organizational priorities and industry trends in order to be able to make recommendations re memberships/sponsorships;
- Delivering ?on-brand' relationship experience, enabling the organization to leverage relationships with key industry groups;
- Evaluating, negotiating and tracking corporate memberships /sponsorships.
- Taking incoming calls from members of the public
- Reviewing and approving draft responses to public inquiries
- Organize and maintain research, documents, reference and reading materials.
- Create and ideate on high quality briefing notes and presentations for use at internal and external meetings. Solicit necessary input from team members to develop.
- Act as a brand ambassador when dealing with external stakeholders, including members of the general public.
- Ensure appropriate privacy considerations and protocols are applied to external communications.
If you possess the following, we'd like to hear from you:
- College or university degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years project manager, experience in a fast-paced, complex, and high visibility organization.
- Experience in a communications agency, consulting or financial services environments highly preferred.
- Commands the ability to distill complex information into compelling, concise content and produce targeted materials for a variety of audiences.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy. Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; self-motivated, flexible and proactive.
- Demonstrated and highly effective written and oral communication skills.
- Solid, demonstrated knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to foster effective working relationships.
- Proven ability to work with and have strong comfort level with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to readily adapt to a rapidly changing environment and remain proactive.
- Ability to function well in a professional, high performance, and deadline-oriented culture.
- Able to work flexible hours outside of core office hours as required.
- Strict adherence to confidentiality and exhibiting a high level of professionalism at all times.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on Linkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.