Title: Community Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Head of Marketing & Communications
Application Deadline: January 21, 2020 at 5:00pm Est
Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is the largest Black tech network in North America with over 20,000+ members and growing at a rate of 10% a month. We bridge the "Network gap" in the tech industry by providing Black tech and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, skill-building and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement. We facilitate exposure for tech companies to hire, retain and promote Black tech talent through talent pipeline building, recruitment, internal culture development and becoming an "Employer of Choice."
BPTN bridges the Network gap in the tech industry by providing Black technical and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, industry training and a strong peer network to support their growth and career development. On the other side of the coin, we support leading companies to connect, hire and promote Black professionals in tech.
We are looking for a qualified Community manager to join our team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, community development, PR and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ?people person' with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
- Develop maintain and execute a content plan
- Plan and implement social media strategies to further our brand recognition
- Start and engage in discussions with our audience on Twitter, LinkedIn, Quora, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, our SLACK community, and other emerging platforms
- Research to keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry and competitors
- Monitor our social media accounts and responding to questions and concerns
- Engage in online conversations with prospective and existing clients about our topics in our industry, products, and brand.
- Plan and host t-chats and other online events on industry topics
- Provide insights to our marketing team about the industry, competitors, and relevant topics found online
- Plan and lead offline social events to engage and build community
- Devise and implement community communication initiatives
- BSc in marketing or relevant field
- Proven experience as a community manager, paid or unpaid (2+ years)
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. starting an online event)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. replies to various types of threads, key community members, etc.)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills High empathy and engagement
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We're committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.