Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, this role is integral to the ongoing development and management of marketing and communication initiatives to support First Capital's brand and culture strategy. This role will have exposure across all divisions and levels of the organization, with a focus on supporting the in-house marketing team with social media and content creation. This person will ensure timely execution and delivery of a variety of projects on-time and on-budget.
Social & Digital
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and publishing of digital content to support the brand and culture strategy across multiple channels
- Assist the creation and content for First Capital's social media platforms including: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube
- Monitor social and digital platforms for follow up and maintaining engagement
- Assist in creation of monthly social media reporting / marketing analytics
- Assist with maintenance of the corporate website and SharePoint- includes creating or sourcing visuals and copywriting;
- Maintain internal media and asset files and folders;
- Assist in the administration of photography and videography shoots;
- Stay abreast of the latest social media best practices, technologies, platforms, and trends;
- Other duties as required. Marketing Support
- Assist Leasing team in preparing digital brochures, e-blasts and marketing support such as video content and materials for tradeshows;
- Support marketing team by creating content, copywriting, and sourcing digital assets;
- Create and edit visuals for various initiatives;
- Special projects, on an as-needed basis. Administrative
- Assist with calendar management, coordinating meetings and Communication email inbox;
- Assist with planning and coordinating special events such as community engagements;
- Assist with managing budgets and processing invoices;
- Assist with sourcing and outreach of vendor and partnership opportunities;
- Attend various corporate events and assist with day-of execution;
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Required level of education, skills, and job-related experience:
- University or college degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or media;
- 1-2 years' work experience in a marketing or corporate communications function, or in a related field;
- Experience in commercial real estate an asset but not required;
- Willingness to learn, great follow up skills, detail oriented, and must be a self-starter;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient in Microsoft products
- MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS SharePoint;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva & Mailchimp;
- Experience using content management systems;
- Knowledge of marketing communications principles for both digital and print mediums.
Key Attributes for Success
- Superior communication skills; able to articulate strategic ideas via copy and images
- Strong copywriting and creative story-telling skills
- Team player with a good sense of humour
- Must be results-oriented within a fast-paced environment with time sensitive projects
- Strong project management skills with the ability to keep on top of ever-changing deliverables
- Hands-on and proactive with initiative to work with minimal supervision
Excellent compensation commensurate with experience and full benefit package. Successful applicants will be subject to a background check.
Our people are what makes us different. At First Capital we are committed to workplace diversity and inclusion within our organization, therefore, we encourage all qualified persons from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations are available, upon request, to all applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process.