***Note on COVID-19: Depending on the evolution of the situation, the selected candidate may be expected to start their position virtually. The selected candidate shall be ready to work in person in our offices once this is permitted.
As the Senior Editor/Writer, you will support the Centre's strategic corporate priorities in communicating research results to improve lives in the developing world. You will be responsible for editing, reviewing and writing a variety of sophisticated digital, print and multimedia content to enhance the Centre's visibility and reputation, and report on its activities and results. You will serve as global editor for website content, managing editor of the monthly electronic newsletter, and as editorial lead on the Annual Report. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the development of strategic and operational communications plans and contribute to social media content and campaigns.
- University degree in journalism, communications, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Eight to ten years of varied editing and writing experience, including:
- Experience working in corporate communications
- Popularizing technical information for a variety of audiences
- Journalism experience is an asset.
Bilingual position (English/French) at an intermediate Level
- Knowledge of IDRC and international development
- Writing, editing and document review skills, including ability to render technical and scientific information into plain language.
- Attention to detail
- Superior demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Planning and organization
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Organizational awareness
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
For more information on primary duties or responsibilities, view the Job Details.
Who can apply? Canadian citizens and permanent residents.